Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with the extension of free Supercharging to new Teslas purchased by existing Tesla owners which is discussed in another thread, and extension of free Supercharging for Tesla buyers who use an existing owner' s referral link, Tesla has also extended the Owner Referral Program to December 28, 2017 (222 days from May 21) according to the My Tesla page for our S75. I haven't seen an official announcement

Tesla making Christmas come in May.
I like the fact I can sell my pre-1/15/17 Model S someday with free Supercharging intact. Better yet, I can someday buy another S and it too will have free Supercharging. Of course, this policy will probably change a dozen times before I attempt to take advantage of it.:D

looks like the new program overlaps with the old one

quote from the info on MyTesla page (emphasis mine):
Limits

Related order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Owners with one or more referrals in the previous phase between March 16, 2017 and May 19, 2017 will be eligible for both updated and previous phase awards until June 15, 2017. Referral order vehicles must be actually delivered to qualify for awards. Pre-owned vehicles are not eligible. Model 3 orders are not eligible. Limit of 5 referrals per owner. Referral code must be applied at the time of order and cannot be added after the order has been placed. Free unlimited Supercharging will only apply to the original vehicle owner and only for the duration of original vehicle ownership...

How is everyone interpreting this?

At first I got excited and took it to mean that my existing referrals will count for both programs. So if I had 3 as of May 18th, I would automatically be eligible for the Arachnid wheels.

But now that I look at MyTesla page, it counts referrals from March 16-June 15th as the previous program; and reset the current program to 0. So now I'm wondering if by being eligible it means from May 19th on, any additional referrals would be counted as a +1 for both programs instead of carrying over any existing programs.

How is everyone interpreting this?

At first I got excited and took it to mean that my existing referrals will count for both programs. So if I had 3 as of May 18th, I would automatically be eligible for the Arachnid wheels.

But now that I look at MyTesla page, it counts referrals from March 16-June 15th as the previous program; and reset the current program to 0. So now I'm wondering if by being eligible it means from May 19th on, any additional referrals would be counted as a +1 for both programs instead of carrying over any existing programs.
Any referrals you get now count toward the latest program and still add to the previous till June 15th. Not the other way around though

I'd love to get some referrals this period. Now that I've moved to a new area of the country, I don't have the large number of EV-interested people in my circle of friends.

In addition to the perks Tesla offers, you'll get long-term EV coaching from me. :) Have a question about what to put in your garage or EV charging etiquette or planning your first road trip? I'll answer! (Well, I'd do that anyway, even if you don't use my code .. .but use my code.)

Incentives, by state: State & Federal Incentives - Plug In America
Where to charge, in addition to your garage or nearest Tesla Supercharger: PlugShare

Reactions: Saxena
Apparently I got 0 friends....(according to the referral page).

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.25.12 PM.png

I read on a YouTube blog (Ben Sullins, I think, while he had his referral page up) that it looks like every referral now goes into the hopper for both the P100D and the SpaceX tour prizes. That's a change from the old 'need to get 20 referrals' for a chance at the car and gives a lot more people a chance.

Did I read that correctly?

Why is this even a debate? Who cares what Tesla thinks? They're not the arbiter of what's right and wrong are they? And since presumably everyone is an adult capable of making their own decisions, I would assume nobody is going to turn themselves into Tesla and await their punishment.

I don't see problem here. The guys with the Google Adwords ads promoting their codes are paying money to do so. The OP is also paying money; only he's giving it directly to you. :-D

It's their program, so I suspect they do get to be the arbiter of what's right and wrong. But you do you. And hopefully you won't lose your referrals.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 6.32.33 PM.png

I read on a YouTube blog (Ben Sullins, I think, while he had his referral page up) that it looks like every referral now goes into the hopper for both the P100D and the SpaceX tour prizes. That's a change from the old 'need to get 20 referrals' for a chance at the car and gives a lot more people a chance.

Did I read that correctly?

No, there are two different prizes. Every single referral goes into the pool for a chance to win one S/X P100D. The first person to reach 20 (delivered?) referrals also gets a S or X P100D.

No, there are two different prizes. Every single referral goes into the pool for a chance to win one S/X P100D. The first person to reach 20 (delivered?) referrals also gets a S or X P100D.
Right, but how do you ever reach 20 now? Or has the 'you can still use referrals after the 5 are exhausted' question been answered? (But who would use them? Owners that have life SpC? They would their own referrals, no?)

Status
Not open for further replies.