Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble getting even one referral, how are you getting so many!!

Usually through YouTube channels and websites. Something that provides a benefit to the community, helps people learn about Tesla and has a lot of visibility. And they tend to put a lot of work into it.

One of my referrals came from just being at a Tesla store. I was charging at a supercharger there and was just chatting with the sales girl and mentioned that I had the multi-pattern black interior. Shortly after she had a customer that wanted to see what those felt like to sit in but they don't tend to put those in their showroom models so I offered to let him sit in mine.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The first 5 referrals for this program do not count towards the next gen roadster. The first 5 qualify you for the other prizes. Here is the table I created.

Like Hank, I also see the % based on orders, not deliveries.

The discount percentage = (# of referrals - 5) * 2%
*example: (21 referrals - 5 referrals) * 2% = 32% off a next gen roadster

*For example: Secret level 1 opens at 6 referrals. You get the prize at 10 referrals, etc.
View attachment 247832
Thanks,please forgive my pool English(not native),hope you can understand!
On level 2,it says you can give 5 more friends discount,so when the 6th of you friend use your link to order his tesla,will the website show that"you can only refer up to 15 friends before Dec 31"?
(This 15 here includes 5 in the Phase 9.0;5 on level 1 and 5 on level 2)

Whatever Tesla is sending me, it actually going to Italy. They must have sent me the wrong tracking information. Incredible that their referral program can be so poorly run:

upload_2017-9-16_5-48-18.png

I too got an email from FedEx for an item going somewhere random....
Maybe the prize for secret level 3 is an Air B&B stay in some foreign country and they are sending you the keys to your randomly chosen destination! ;)

Oh wait, the package is being delivered to the other address. Maybe you should expect company! :eek:

End of quarter means potential for extra incentives from Tesla (generally for used or demo inventory, which is basically new, without the wait!). I'm sure you also know that a referral code gets a discount ($1400 CAD/ $1000 USD) plus lifetime Supercharging. For Canadians, the current CAD $1400 discount represents a pretty decent exchange rate these days!

Here's mine: My Tesla Referral Code

Just passed the 1st year birthday of my second Model S and still smile every day I drive it.

Plus, witness the awesome power of my Photoshop skills once again:
IMG_8416.jpg

All kidding aside: happy to answer questions as a 2nd time Tesla owner -- I'm happy to share observations from the journey of owning an 2013 pre-parking sensor Model S to a 2016 90D (PM me, or see the thread at So...what's changed after 130,000 Model S's?).

I'm happy to offer configuration advice (eg air suspension? Enhanced Autopilot? Full autonomous driving option? Home charging thoughts?).

If you're in British Columbia, Canada like me, be sure to get the HOV OK lane sticker:
How You (and your EV) Can Get Moving in BC | TranBC

Also, if you're local and want to take the front plate off, gimme a PM and I can lend or give you a tool to take the specialized screw off!

I jumped on this amazing train twice and look forward to continuing on...

Last edited:
We're buying a house with tons of solar exposure, and I did the math on the solar tiles, and unless you have unlimited cash and don't care about the cost, there's no way it makes financial sense. It's a huge upfront cost with a minimum of a 20-year break-even point. We only plan to stay in this new house 10 years. Also, the roof was just replaced in 2014, so who wants to tear down an almost new roof?

I'm getting a solar token and have absolutely no use for it (as much as I'd like to do so). I'm tempted to just give it away, with the caveat that the receiver actually uses it and not resells it (but that's a hard thing to enforce, I'd guess).

So I just can't see that many people wanting to install the solar roof compared to a regular solar panel installation that costs tens-of-thousands of dollars less, therefore, I just don't see these tokens of much value to sell or exchange for referrals, except for maybe a few folks here.

(I haven't decided what to do with my token, so please don't PM me just yet;) )

Reactions: JPUConn
Status
Not open for further replies.