Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the gigafactory tour. Check your email. They should have sent you an email with the correct address to schedule your tour.

I’m glad I went the tour was really cool. They drive you around the the property. The guide was great. I will say however that they don’t let you see nearly as much as at the Fremont Factory. Panasonic is a little more worried about their IP apparently.

On a side note there were a wide variety of people on my tour including relatives of employees and new employees. Not everyone was uhhh... happy to be there for whatever reason. Some people didn’t seem to even understand anything whatsoever about the factory or Tesla. One guy kept asking about the wild horses and if he could shoot them. Anyway I digress. PM me if you need the email address.

Has anyone gotten their gigafactory tour from the previous referral program (1 referral)? I have one qualified referral that took delivery and have not had any communication from tesla, and two customer service emails have been ignored.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I think people are misunderstanding this new program. Your referrals are not retroactive for the new program. You start with zero referrals for this new program, even if you have referrals from the program started May 19 but will keep your old referrals for the old program.
For example, I have 3 referrals before today and already won one a Model S for Kids for first referral, Solar Token for second referral and Arachnid Wheels for third referral. Now if I get a new referral I will qualify for the 1st referral in the new program (Wall Connector or Model S for Kids). And I think I should also qualify for my 4th referral under the May thru Dec program get a Powerwall 2.
Does that sound logical to you? I need to call Tesla to confirm, but that is the way the last overlapping program worked. My referral code is here in case anyone needs one.
How could the programs overlap? The old program offered a $1000 discount on a new car through December IIRC, and the new one does not offer that discount. So if you give someone your referral code and they use it before October 31, they will get the $1000, I think, but not if they order after that. Right? Seems to me the intention is to end the old referral program on 10/31 instead of on 12/31 as before.
If I am wrong, i guess your point is valid, that I am misunderstanding.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
I think people are misunderstanding this new program. Your referrals are not retroactive for the new program. You start with zero referrals for this new program, even if you have referrals from the program started May 19 but will keep your old referrals for the old program.
For example, I have 3 referrals before today and already won one a Model S for Kids for first referral, Solar Token for second referral and Arachnid Wheels for third referral. Now if I get a new referral I will qualify for the 1st referral in the new program (Wall Connector or Model S for Kids). And I think I should also qualify for my 4th referral under the May thru Dec program get a Powerwall 2.
Does that sound logical to you? I need to call Tesla to confirm, but that is the way the last overlapping program worked. My referral code is here in case anyone needs one.

I do not think there is "double-dipping" like you describe above. I think if you already have 5 referrals in this round you aren't eligible for the new prize schedule - but you can keep on working on the secret levels. However, say you have one referral. Your future referrals will be under the new prize schedule. So, a second referral will now be good for the mini-Tesla or the Wall Charger and not the solar token. You'd now get the solar token after referral #5. And in your example, I think your fourth referral just gets you the Powerwall and not a mini-Tesla or wall charger as well.

At least that's how I read the below:

IMG_3232.PNG

Last edited:
So if you give someone your referral code and they use it before October 31, they will get the $1000, I think, but not if they order after that. Right? Seems to me the intention is to end the old referral program on 10/31 instead of on 12/31 as before.

If history is any guide, on November 1st they'll announce another round of the same/similar referral program. They've put a lot of work recently into revamping the referral program to just end it all on 10/31. Yes, the current round will end, but there will be another right behind it.

o not think there is "double-dipping" like you describe above. I think if you already have 5 referrals in this round you aren't eligible for the new prize schedule - but you can keep on working on the secret levels. However, say you have one referral. Your future referrals will be under the new prize schedule. So, a second referral will now be good for the mini-Tesla or the Wall Charger and not the solar token.

Yup, that's how I read it. Just start counting any "new" referrals after 9/28 for the new prize schedule.

Creating a Youtube channel seems to be quite effective...ask Bjørn if you want more evidence.
Or Erik and David, who along with their Inventory site, are a ways on the way to a new Roadster! They also do have great videos and take steps to show off new stuff (like the tear down of one of the new Model 3 power plugs). YMMV on whether you think it's worth using their referral codes.

I've been lucky enough to get 4 by just sharing my code. Now I'm just looking for that 5th... maybe I should stalk the showroom :p
Seriously, if you have business cards made up with your ts.la link on them, and you do answer people's questions, that's supposed to be the point of the program. I used a code from someone that I got good information from and I thought hadn't had a bunch of referrals before.

Reactions: bonnie
I had my 5th referral order placed recently, but delivery likely won't be until November. Does this mean that I won't be able to attend the Semi event? Can I still give away referral codes, or do I need to wait for the Secret Level to be unlocked in order to give out more codes? I don't want someone to try to use my code and lose out on $1000/FUSC. Also, since the Solar Roof Token is now offered as the 5th referral gift, do you think I could get the Signature Black Wall Connector instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.