Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, this is delicious.

Pot:

Kettle:

Black:

[Mic drop] :D
Yup. I still disagree with your suggestion of the dumping ground. You'll find somewhere in this 239 page thread that i too say i've posted my code here before. However that was before it was frowned upon to spam your code. Times have changed. No one here wants to see people come here a dump a code and leave.

Yup. I still disagree with your suggestion of the dumping ground. You'll find somewhere in this 239 page thread that i too say i've posted my code here before. However that was before it was frowned upon to spam your code. Times have changed. No one here wants to see people come here a dump a code and leave.

Why do you keep calling it my suggestion?

Facts:

1. @doug, the site owners and the site moderators have all designated this thread as the one and only appropriate thread for an owner to post their code.

2. @David99, a member with longer standing and more than 2,000+ posts than you on this site, asked in this thread where, if anywhere on this site, it is appropriate to post his referral code.

3. I confirmed this was the appropriate place to post his code.

4. You give me a disagree.

5. I look at the thread and see, wonder of wonders, that you have posted your own referral code to this thread. Is this a case of do as I say and not as I do? It seems you like to give disagrees to anyone who posts their referral code in the one place it is permitted. I'd expect you will go back and disagree with your own "spamming" of the thread?

Conjecture:

1. I expect you'll give me yet another disagree for pointing out the facts.

Suggestion:

If you don't like the rules, work to change them. But just disagreeing with no discourse or suggestions does no one any good.

Last edited:
The amount of discount also depends on the region (value of dollar in relation to US) - for example, the Canadian referral code is good for $1,400 CDN discount for orders in Canada but can be used internationally. Here is the email Tesla generates for me:

Hey _________,

If you buy a Tesla Model S or X through the link below, you’ll get free, unlimited Supercharging. If you order by October 31, you’ll get $1,400 off as well. You can also get a 5-year extended warranty on solar panels. Only existing Tesla owners can send the link, and it works for up to 5 friends. I think it’s a good deal so wanted to send it over. Call me if you want to see my car!

I can confirm ALL referral codes have SAME value for the user.
Only depends on what country the user lives in...

For example my code have following value in each country.
Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty

U.S.A 1000 USD
Canada 1400 CAD
Norway 8000 NOK

Why do you keep calling it my suggestion?

Facts:

1. @doug, the site owners and the site moderators have all designated this thread as the one and only appropriate thread for an owner to post their code.

2. @David99, a member with longer standing and more than 2,000+ posts than you on this site, asked in this thread where, if anywhere on this site, it is appropriate to post his referral code.

3. I confirmed this was the appropriate place to post his code.

4. You give me a disagree.

5. I look at the thread and see, wonder of wonders, that you have posted your own referral code to this thread. Is this a case of do as I say and not as I do? It seems you like to give disagrees to anyone who posts their referral code in the one place it is permitted. I'd expect you will go back and disagree with your own "spamming" of the thread?

Conjecture:

1. I expect you'll give me yet another disagree for pointing out the facts.

Suggestion:

If you don't like the rules, work to change them. But just disagreeing with no discourse or suggestions does no one any good.
I suggest not taking a disagree so personal. I have the right to my opinion as do you. I just disagree with yours. This isn't a Black Mirror episode. Your family will not shame you for having a disagree rating.

Reactions: NJ Plugin and redan
I suggest not taking a disagree so personal. I have the right to my opinion as do you. I just disagree with yours. This isn't a Black Mirror episode. Your family will not shame you for having a disagree rating.

That's a good suggestion and I'll follow it (after one last reply ;)).

The part that is confusing to me is you keep referring to the Referral Program Thread rule as either my suggestion or my opinion. It's a site rule. I didn't make it. I haven't expressed either my opinion or suggestion. A member simply asked if this is the right place to post his code and I confirmed that it was. That's it. If I told him it wasn't or I sent him somewhere else, then I'd warrant a disagree.

Let's make this a constructive discourse. You haven't asked for it, yet have thought that I've given it. Here is my suggestion:

The powers that be at TMC create two separate Referral Program threads. One thread for everyone to post their referral code, if they wish. I'd have no reason to ever visit that thread, but someone looking for a referral code is welcome to do so. A second thread where we ask questions about the referral program and discuss the program, absent of referral code "spamming." That's the thread I would visit often, as I like learning about and talking about the Referral Program.

So there you have it. If TMC were my site, that's what I'd do.

Cheers,

John

The date for the semi event has been confirmed. :)

Save the Date: October 26 in Hawthorne, CA

You have qualified for a VIP invitation to our semi truck event on Thursday, October 26 in Hawthorne, CA. Please save the date. You will receive an email invitation closer to the event.

We look forward to celebrating this exciting milestone with you!

Best Regards,

The Tesla Team

IMG_4233.jpg
Finally got unlocked... :)

I may be stupid, but can I "pass on" my VIP tickets to anyone else, or are they only valid in my name?
A trip to USA at the moment won`t work. And, 5000$ for flight, lodging and lost income also won`t fit when I have to pay my upcomming X the next week`s.
The referral team will not answer, and just got the invite-mail..
Just send me another Black wall Charger and were done :D

Would it be appropriate to say now: "Now I've seen everything"..... nahh, probably not, somebody would come up with something to top this off.... it's going to be pretty hard, but I'm sure there are talented people out there....

*assuming the referral code is for sale as this is in, you know, "For Sale" section

Maybe the moderators need to split this thread into one discussing the referral program, benefits, etc. and one for posting referral codes. They really are two different things. If someone wants a random referral code, they can go to the referral code thread and grab one, which might result in some of these people posting their referral codes actually getting some referrals.

Reactions: Ski_
Maybe the moderators need to split this thread into one discussing the referral program, benefits, etc. and one for posting referral codes. They really are two different things. If someone wants a random referral code, they can go to the referral code thread and grab one, which might result in some of these people posting their referral codes actually getting some referrals.

+1 Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.