Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... only 26 more refs to go for my Roadster :cool: Please use... Noooo, just kidding ;) I am not going to post my link online.

Now one of my friends comes back to me saying: I got advised by a sales person not to use your code because only the first 5 qualify for free supercharging..... then showing me a screenshot of " the rules ".....

I tell him that I got unlocked to secret level 1 and then 2 and that I have 5+5+45 valid codes... and a long as the code is "accepted in the system" (as not blocked before secret level 1 and 2) the message from Tesla itself too says: free supercharging and 1000 off.... He is still a bit worried.... I tell him that he as a current driver is in the safe zone anyway, because all current owners keep free supercharging as stated in his "mytesla" account..... Problem solved?

But what if.... another friend orders through a leasecompany, with the request to use my code... and the leasecompany gets the same "advise"?...... (currently waiting for a confirmation of exactly such a case) .....The confusion could be enough to let the sales person use a "safe code"......

Did anybody else with more than 5 referrals encounter this before? Is there an official statement somewhere that I can use?

After round 1 I also got some "troubles" with all kinds of blockades and the standard reply back then was: we make the rules.... and only after repeating the question several times I got to use my credits a few weeks later, damaging my relationship with several... which does not help if I want to provide good service to friends with questions .... So I do not want to get into such a discussion again....

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Living in Belgium and about to buy a Model S 100D. Anyone on less than 5 referrals that really needs one more used.
Rather than solicit referrals from random people, why don't you read though these forums and find someone that is posting comments that you find helpful and PM them for their referral? This would be much more in line with the intent of the referral program.

Can someone please clarify this: I miraculously hit 5 referrals before October 15 -- 2 actually delivered, 3 still pending. That qualifies for a Tesla Semi Unveiling invite, right? The rules don't seem to suggest that all 5 must be delivered, but rather ordered. If so, how long after the 5th referral should I expect to get a confirmation/invite? Have the official invites gone out, or just the Save The Dates? Finally, any idea what time these things start and end? Let me know if you'll be there, and hope to meet some of you in person!

Rather than solicit referrals from random people, why don't you read though these forums and find someone that is posting comments that you find helpful and PM them for their referral? This would be much more in line with the intent of the referral program.

I was, but all the people who had lots of good posts had issued more than 5 referrals and I want to go down this afternoon to place the order. Couple of people being silly offering me money (which was not the point) but couple of nice requests.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kbra
Status
Not open for further replies.