Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had received four referrals before they redid the program with the last referral taking delivery a week ago.

All my referrals should have been under the old program, but perhaps not because I just received the below e-mail to select a wall adapter or toy car. I preferred a wall adapter anyway, but maybe it was a mistake? I never received an award e-mail for this phase of the program so hadn't received a toy car ordering e-mail.

upload_2017-11-1_7-10-41.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Is there a contact at Tesla you can call with questions about the program? I have a second referral that was ordered a couple days before the new HPWC portion was released (I think it was early access token for solar roof at the time?) and took delivery when it switched to the HPWC option for the second referral. Haven’t been contacted yet about that so I wanted to look into it.

I don't think the program will "restart" like it has before.

The referral pages says:
"Referral orders placed after October 31st, 2017 will still receive free unlimited Supercharging, but not the purchase credit."
and
"Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and January 31, 2018. "

So if anything, it might reset/restart after Jan 31, 2018.

I'm pretty sure everyone can still collect referral credits just as before. The only difference is the buyers don't get the $1000 credit.

I got screwed by Tesla at the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington, NY. My friend finally ordered a Tesla on my recommendation. He gave them my code but they used someone else's and said they entered the wrong code accidentally (even though he physically showed them my code). BS. They intentionally used another code. I have heard rumors that some are in cahoots with the sales people and the use their codes to boost their referrals. The store will not correct the "error" as they say it cannot be changed once entered. Also they promised an early December delivery and now the car is coming in sometime in Jan which really screws him because he needed the tax credit for 2017. So now I look like an ass because his Tesla experience already sucks and I got screwed out my referral.
The exact same thing happened to me last week. I was wondering if your issue was solved?

Signature Black Wall Connector
This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature. This award will start shipping in January
Yeah I know what it is. I earned two of them. Im laughing at people trying to sell them already. They don't have them in possession and Tesla has never shipped an item on time.

Having a friend at a Tesla store funnel you referral traffic has got to be a pretty good deal. I wonder how many on the list of top referrers are getting that benefit.

I've had this happen several times-- one of which I intercepted when the buyer texted me from the store and said sales guy "already had a code" and she intervened to make sure mine was entered. No idea how many total I've lost.

The fundamental problem is that when it comes down to it, most buyers want to order IN PERSON, if possible. It's more of an event and there's some assurance of talking to Tesla rep. The Tesla rep just wants to close the deal. The buyer just wants the discount. The only person who REALLY CARES about which code is used is the referring owner... and that's the only person NOT THERE.

I wish Tesla stop this referral program. It brings out the worst in people. Wasn't Tesla's unique selling point a clean buying experience? Isn't the referral program going against that very principle? I'm happy to answer questions regarding the car, with or without the program and it's rewards. I am sure many others are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.