Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Tesla are really flacky about issuing the rewards

I got email about mine with no prompting ... I wonder why there would be any difference?

Cheeky way to try and get referral

Breaches the Terms too "commercializing, advertising, publishing, mass distributing or selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes"

I guess the wheels and powerwall are worth thousands

Here's how I see it:

Price of Tesla is £X

Referral gets you discount £Y (currently nothing, but used to be £750 and before that £1,000 I think, and free Supercharging)

Referrer gets a gift value £Z - e.g. Mini car or a set of Wheels or a Powerwall ... or up to 100% off the new Roadster ... - so £hundreds to £thousands

So basically everyone buying a Tesla uses a referral code and pays £X - £Y and is happy.

But ... the buyer is also giving the referrer £Z, because that is baked into the price.

So choose whose you give your referral code to wisely 'coz you are giving them £Z of your hard earned dosh :) I guess a stranger who provides useful info might be worth paying something (but £hundreds? ...), and maybe a Tesla-owning mate can do you a favour in return.

Worth banging on all your mates' doors with your salesman's hat on ... until they stop inviting you in!

Reactions: arg
We already have a wall charger and Kid's Model S, so the first person on here who requests and uses our referral code (send me a private message so I have your contact info for when it arrives) will receive my link for the free black wall charger OR the kids' Model S.

You're welcome :)

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and Kbra
We already have a wall charger and Kid's Model S, so the first person on here who requests and uses our referral code (send me a private message so I have your contact info for when it arrives) will receive my link for the free black wall charger OR the kids' Model S.

You're welcome :)

I would recommend PM'ng directly if you make such an offer...since Tesla might disqualify the referral if they find out. I hope they don't monitor this thread lol

I find the whole referral "pushing" on Tesla related forums an embarrassment. "Hi, I've just bought a new Tesla and feel free to use my referral code, blah blah". It's one thing seriously helping someone out in return for a referral code or giving a code to family and friends, but some people just come across as greedy/desperate/opportunistic. The rewards are pretty good though!

I agree completely. I don’t know if you’re on the official Facebook group, to be on you have to be an owner or awaiting delivery so by definition you either have a referral code or have already ordered and people still try to do it. Some of us try and offer constructive and informative advice and or facilities to help and great if our codes get used. There was a guy asking everyone to promote a LinkedIn article he wrote just because it included his referral code - bit sad really

Its true, there seems to be a lot of people that are pushing their referral code to try and get the benefits. Yes its nice to get stuff free but its also nice to provide information or guidance that actually helps people which is definitely something I find a lot of people on here offer so thank you all.

I think its should be OK to have information that the referral program exists so that prospective buyers benefit from the supercharging offer as it seems that some Tesla sites don't volunteer this information whereas some do but apart from that it should be if someone asks you for your code then great, if not then just enjoy the fact that you are lucky enough to own one of these awesome vehicles - 2 weeks today I get mine and am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

Was wondering if Tesla is still unlocking secret levels? I've had 5 referrals in the regular round for months now, and the last one finally took delivery about a week ago (what an insanely stupid system to make people wait for all to be delivered - so much referral capacity wasted).

Anyway, just making sure I still even have the *theoretical* chance to get my free roadster.

I had 5 referrals, 0 delivered and the app unlocked the first secret level showing the roadster.
Whoa, lucky you! I've heard from others here, saying that it took weeks after all 5 took delivery for Tesla to unlock secret level 1.

They also don't seem to update the leaderboard in the app since I'm showing in 12th place worldwide with only 5 referrals, which I highly doubt, despite the insanely high "cancelation" rates this round...

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Status
Not open for further replies.