Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am correct that just one in five use a referral code to buy an S or X? That's quite staggering. Considering what it gets you.
Also I am surprised that some prominent Tesla drivers don't join the competition. Marques Brownlee for instance is probably going the buy the roadster he might have gotten for free just mentioning the code in his video discriptions...

Interesting. I suspect (but don't know) that the list posted above is far from complete. There also might be a significant number of "internal" referrals given out (also just a guess).
It's only for R/S/X owners, right? So not even a lot of employees to keep excluded from the competition but maybe able to throw a bro deal. I've not heard aboutt it at all, but could be happening.

In my opinion, if you got a S or X without a referral code lately, something is seriously wrong with you. Either too much money or zero research done as to what's being said about the cars and pricing.

I'm given a referral award of a Model S for Kids before the program change, but I would rather like a Wall Charger. Is anyone interested in swapping with me? You will be getting the refreshed Radio Flyer car.
I was just about to post that I'm in exactly the same boat: only 1 referral this period, but no need for the kids car

Sure but has anyone been given the option to even get a radioflyer after the program changed?

...[raises hand]

IMG_8510.jpg

just tonight I got an email from Tesla saying I can pick either the car or charger for my 1.
Wasn't expecting this at all, since my referral took delivery on 9/28/17, the same date as the modified program date. I thought it was the order date that mattered and that only orders placed after 9/28 would get to select between these two awards?? Anyhow not going to complain... a charger will be more useful than the kids car when I finally(!) update my garage from 120V

OTOH I'm still happy to answer questions/help out anyone looking for advice before buying an S or X... why not spread the love (&referrals) around to those of us without dozens already? ;)

I'm using the 9000-odd number of total registered referrals sinds May, listing in that list posted above.
Over such a half year, Tesla builds just about 50,000 units S&X.

I spoke to sales in Norway and they said that about 99% of all new orders are with referral. The list is not complete (missing many with 2, 3, 4 and 5 referrals) and missing the ones that had a car and sold it. The referral follows the person and not the car. If you check a referral for a person with 10 referrals and no car it will say zero even though he has 10.

Also, China is not included. I'm not allowed to check China. Get a permission error when I try.

Reactions: Cloxxki
Hi Dozi,

Tesla officially launched in the UAE on February 13th, 2017. Since then, they've opened 2 Superchargers (one in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi), with 5 more coming very soon. Tesla also deployed a significant network of destination chargers throughout the country, with approx 100 destination charger locations. They've also opened a showroom and a service center in Dubai, with Abu Dhabi due to open sometimes in 2018.

Autopilot (both AP1 and AP2) work as advertised.

Reactions: Amit519
I spoke to sales in Norway and they said that about 99% of all new orders are with referral. The list is not complete (missing many with 2, 3, 4 and 5 referrals) and missing the ones that had a car and sold it. The referral follows the person and not the car. If you check a referral for a person with 10 referrals and no car it will say zero even though he has 10.

Also, China is not included. I'm not allowed to check China. Get a permission error when I try.
Great info.
Perhaps Norwegian Tesla sales people are allowed to encourage buyers to obtain a referral code from a friend with a Tesla. If you're a NO Tesla prospective buyer, most likely you know someone who beat you to it, after all? Better to encourage it than to have people disappointed because they didn't know. Then again, it's such a Tesla friendly country, you'd probably need to live under a rock to not know about the referral deals?

Great info.
Perhaps Norwegian Tesla sales people are allowed to encourage buyers to obtain a referral code from a friend with a Tesla. If you're a NO Tesla prospective buyer, most likely you know someone who beat you to it, after all? Better to encourage it than to have people disappointed because they didn't know. Then again, it's such a Tesla friendly country, you'd probably need to live under a rock to not know about the referral deals?

Yes, i think the do! At least now that there is no discount. But I'm not sure.

I've made this Referral Dashboard that I use in my browser to get a better overview and I was thinking: is this something others may enjoy? Should I make it publicly available? Make it so that you can login and check your referrals? It is very beta as I'm the only one using it ;)

Referral-dash.jpg

If anyone wants to trade their black wall charger for a shiny new solar roof token, let me know!

:):D:rolleyes:

I may be interested. I have two referrals that are supposed to go through by the end of the year (one certainly and the other likely).

I'd like to wait to see if both go through. I'm not ready for the solar roof install, though, but did do a day 1 deposit.

Reactions: JPUConn
I may be interested. I have two referrals that are supposed to go through by the end of the year (one certainly and the other likely).

I'd like to wait to see if both go through. I'm not ready for the solar roof install, though, but did do a day 1 deposit.

Yes, that sounds like it would work. When your referrals deliver, I can inquire about the Solar Token. Thanks.

Reactions: alexdav
Status
Not open for further replies.