Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if I can change my referral before I take delivery?

I should have considered an individual in town who actually guided me in many ways but I didn’t think he cared. I assigned it to someone else but I think he’d appreciate it.

Do they do this?

Does anyone know if I can change my referral before I take delivery?

I should have considered an individual in town who actually guided me in many ways but I didn’t think he cared. I assigned it to someone else but I think he’d appreciate it.

Do they do this?

I don't believe so, but it never hurts to ask. The information I have read is that you have one shot to apply a referral when you place the order (in person or online) and that's it.

It's not new, it's been set to end Jan 31st the whole time

What happened yesterday was that Tesla Corporate sent out an email saying that it ends on 12/31/17. Many Owner Advisors quickly alerted folks to this change to the program. Shortly thereafter, Tesla Corporate sent out a revised version of the email that corrected the date to 1/31/18 causing many OA's to have to double back.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
What happened yesterday was that Tesla Corporate sent out an email saying that it ends on 12/31/17. Many Owner Advisors quickly alerted folks to this change to the program. Shortly thereafter, Tesla Corporate sent out a revised version of the email that corrected the date to 1/31/18 causing many OA's to have to double back.

Yep, got a text around 6:45 last night.

Does this whole 1/31/18 stuff mean that we only have till January 31 to accrue referrals towards the Roadster? That would be a real bummer for me, seeing how I just lost like 3 months worth of referrals thanks to Tesla not unlocking Secret Level 1 until specifically asked to do so a couple of days ago (I had listened to some folks here who claimed all 5 referrals in the regular round had to be delivered before the secret levels get unlocked).

Can someone please confirm this?

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Nobody knows for sure, but I would guess that yes, the Roadster discount program will end on 1/31/18.

If they let it continue, then more and more people will hit the 10% discount threshold which means another "Founder's Edition" Roadster Tesla may need to sell (at a discount). There are already at least 80 people with that status.. I'm not sure how many more Founder's Edition Roadsters Tesla wants to be on the hook for.

Nobody knows for sure, but I would guess that yes, the Roadster discount program will end on 1/31/18.

If they let it continue, then more and more people will hit the 10% discount threshold which means another "Founder's Edition" Roadster Tesla may need to sell (at a discount). There are already at least 80 people with that status.. I'm not sure how many more Founder's Edition Roadsters Tesla wants to be on the hook for.

Thanks, seems to make sense. Was hoping their stinginess would continue diminishing and had been hoping for milestone rewards for hardcore supporters. I have over 60 referrals total at this point and have only ever gotten around $35k in prices, which may sound like a lot, but if you look at it as a percentage of the approx. $5M in sales I helped them make it's less than 1%.

And honestly, even if they'd have to give a thousand people their roadster for an average of 50% off, it would still be peanuts for them.

Reactions: Mjølner
And honestly, even if they'd have to give a thousand people their roadster for an average of 50% off, it would still be peanuts for them.

Yeah, but having 2000 or more "Founder's Edition" Roadsters kinda defeats the purpose of "Founder's". Since the Model X, it's just a status symbol/label to sell more cars at a super premium price. It doesn't mean what it meant for the original Roadster or Model S, when "Founder's" really were founders or close friends, family, investors, and supports of early Tesla Motors. Now it's whoever has $250k to spare. ;)

Reactions: Bengineer
I received an email with a referral code for the Radioflyer kids car. But I have not received a similar email regarding the wall connector. I have one referral. Is the offer for either car or charger automatic or is this something I need to request? The referral took delivery in October 2017.

I have to say I really don't understand the objection to posting a referral code. Who suffers? As for it being an embarrassment - why? It's going to be useful to someone, a prospective new owner about to place an order, perhaps. I ordered my Tesla, some 9 months ago now, without a referral code because I didn't know about it and the dealer didn't say anything. I was reading forums regularly to get as much info as possible but I don't recall seeing any reference to a referral code. Here's a suggestion, why don't we ALL just include our referral codes in a signature like the Vlog posters do, with a regular explanation for prospective owners? The more deserving posters (i.e. those who post useful information) are more likely to be rewarded - surely the whole point!

Status
Not open for further replies.