Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure? It is a bug.

Well, I'm not 100% sure, and I actually said "looks like". But based on all our past experiences with the referral program, yes, it looks like that is the case.

In the past, several people have emailed the referral program with similar issues and questions about referrals that span separate referral program phases. And in every single case, Tesla has responded that you are awarded the prizes that were valid during the phase you received the referrals (by order date). They have held very strictly to this rule.

But in this last case, I just think that Tesla didn't realize there's a loophole for all people who had 4 referrals and won a powerwall. Those people who now get their fifth referral under the new program get another powerwall. That's according to the rules that Tesla had previously set up. If they change those rules now and deny the second powerwall to those folks, well, their entire system breaks down and they'll have to start making all kinds of exceptions in the past and the future. There were many cases in the past where people straddled referral phases and didn't get an award due to the same rules/enforcement.

If they change this rule now, there's no knowing what rules they'll change in the future, which can destabilize the entire program and create tons of negative goodwill (badwill?).

So that's why I think this is the case. What do you mean "it's a bug"?

Has Tesla started shipping out the black signature series Wall Connectors ?

Now moved to June .... Elon Time :cool:

Tesla HPWC Black.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: nasatech
Well, I'm not 100% sure, and I actually said "looks like". But based on all our past experiences with the referral program, yes, it looks like that is the case.

In the past, several people have emailed the referral program with similar issues and questions about referrals that span separate referral program phases. And in every single case, Tesla has responded that you are awarded the prizes that were valid during the phase you received the referrals (by order date). They have held very strictly to this rule.

But in this last case, I just think that Tesla didn't realize there's a loophole for all people who had 4 referrals and won a powerwall. Those people who now get their fifth referral under the new program get another powerwall. That's according to the rules that Tesla had previously set up. If they change those rules now and deny the second powerwall to those folks, well, their entire system breaks down and they'll have to start making all kinds of exceptions in the past and the future. There were many cases in the past where people straddled referral phases and didn't get an award due to the same rules/enforcement.

If they change this rule now, there's no knowing what rules they'll change in the future, which can destabilize the entire program and create tons of negative goodwill (badwill?).

So that's why I think this is the case. What do you mean "it's a bug"?

I haven’t had the powerwall appear under my awards yet from the last program...hoping to get one more referral for two.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I’ve received the 21” Arachnid rims for my 2015 Model S as a 3rd reward. However, Im in the process of ordering a Model X. Ive written to the tesla’s referral program asking if I could change the award to the 22” turbine wheels for model X, but I’ve been told that the award only applies to the car you own at the time of the award.

Does anyone else have the same “issue” and received the same or different answer?

I’ve received the 21” Arachnid rims for my 2015 Model S as a 3rd reward. However, Im in the process of ordering a Model X. Ive written to the tesla’s referral program asking if I could change the award to the 22” turbine wheels for model X, but I’ve been told that the award only applies to the car you own at the time of the award.

Does anyone else have the same “issue” and received the same or different answer?

That's going to be a tough battle with Tesla to get them to switch the awards.

I'd suggest trying to sell the 21" Arachnid rims on TMC for $2500-$3000 for the set delivered to the buyer's own Service Center... then turn around and buy a set of the 22" rims here on TMC for just a little bit more, and have them delivered to your service center. It's a bit of a hassle, and might cost you $500, but it would get you the new rims you want. I've sold 21" new Arachnids for $2750, and sold 22" Black Turbines for $3750, but the market for these award rims changes all the time.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.