Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TW, I found a couple typos: Vehcile and retreive, @HankLloydRight but things work great

Thanks, I fixed those. The script was a quick-and-dirty thing I threw together, didn't really focus on form. :)

If you go into the Tampermonkey dashboard and click on the "Last Updated" value ("7d" in the example below), it should automatically update you the latest 1.2.14 version.

upload_2019-2-13_15-52-31.png

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So in My Awards in the app, after what does it actually show for the status? This Powerwall always shows "Tap to redeem award". After I tap "Select Powerwall 2" and then "Confirm Submission", it goes to an Award Details page and the Status is "Tap to redeem award". That's what we just did and there's nothing new to tap on this screen.

Other awards such as the wall connectors show as "Scheduled" (even though we already received them), "Processing" (since November) for the Arachnids or "Details to be announced" for the Solar Roof token and unveiling invitation.

Yeah, so under my rewards mine says your Powerwall 2 will be installed at the following address (followed by my address)... email the referral program team and see what they say.

[email protected]

@HankLloydRight .. thanks .. I was able to get the information using the instructions.
But they don't seem to show ALL referrals, the only go last cycle, and 1 cycle before that. Is there a way to get ALL referrals like mytesla used to show?

It shows exactly what the Loot Box would show in the Tesla App. It's the exact same API call the app makes and returns the same data. It goes back to the last time tesla "reset" the referral counts which would be any referrals after May 19, 2017.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll look to see if there's a way to retrieve the referrals past the current phase (what shows in the Loot Box).

What Tesla did was to turn every owner into a commissioned sales person. It was a brilliant scheme for a company with no dealership network, or advertising, until it had enough stores in place and enough demand/production to be profitable. Some people are comfortable with it, others not so much. I personally just love to promote the car as an altruistic endeavour and always presented my argument to use the referral code as a benefit to the buyer and downplayed any potential rewards. I'm sure I led many people to buy a Tesla and in fact sold a used one for a dearly departed friend and received no rewards besides the feeling that I made a contribution (also part of the reason I bought one for myself) to both Tesla and the new owners experience and to put more of these on the road. Did they need to run such a campaign? Not sure. Perhaps a campaign of webinars and podcasts on the technology, it's history, it's advantages, owner expectations, how to operate etc. would have been more beneficial and could have solidified the brand with more respect than leaving it up to the public at large to argue it's merits. That said, I had to buy my arachnids from a successful YouTuber who is a better promoter than I and I'm grateful those wheels were made available to me. Struggling with some envy for those who scored new Roadsters though. :) .

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I have been expecting a Powerwall 2 Founders Edition since 2017. And even put a downpayment on one from another award recipient. I have inquired a few times with Tesla Referral with the reply just kicking it down the road.

There must be many people in the same boat. Does anyone have any updates at all?

Thanks

I am finally getting the three Powerwalls I won installed, I think. They had done a site survey about a year ago, then everything stalled. They scheduled a panel upgrade date when I noted that I won a third powerwall in September. They cancelled to update the permit so I think I will finally get this prize. I won’t fully believe it until I see the EM signed unit hanging from my garage wall.

What Tesla did was to turn every owner into a commissioned sales person. It was a brilliant scheme for a company with no dealership network, or advertising, until it had enough stores in place and enough demand/production to be profitable. Some people are comfortable with it, others not so much. I personally just love to promote the car as an altruistic endeavour and always presented my argument to use the referral code as a benefit to the buyer and downplayed any potential rewards. I'm sure I led many people to buy a Tesla and in fact sold a used one for a dearly departed friend and received no rewards besides the feeling that I made a contribution (also part of the reason I bought one for myself) to both Tesla and the new owners experience and to put more of these on the road. Did they need to run such a campaign? Not sure. Perhaps a campaign of webinars and podcasts on the technology, it's history, it's advantages, owner expectations, how to operate etc. would have been more beneficial and could have solidified the brand with more respect than leaving it up to the public at large to argue it's merits. That said, I had to buy my arachnids from a successful YouTuber who is a better promoter than I and I'm grateful those wheels were made available to me. Struggling with some envy for those who scored new Roadsters though. :) .
I'm right there with you. I provided a bunch of advice to a friend who was thinking of getting an S and told him to call me if he had any questions. A week later and no response I contacted him to see if he was still thinking of getting one. He'd already ordered it. I asked about the referral and he said he didn't need to bother asking me because someone at work shared theirs. When I was disappointed he asked why it mattered and I explained the referral program. He had no idea that it came with material benefits to the referrer and the person who scooped up his referral had just been a bit more proactive about getting people to use theirs.

And during the Delivery Hell crunch I spent several hours at a Delivery Center talking new owners through their new buyer jitters and I got a nice thank you as a reward, which is all I was expecting.

The "referral scooping", and all of the constant "here is my referral number, please use it" posts on the forums and FB pages just turned me off to the entire program. I'm glad those aspects will be history. But I do recognize that it probably had a big impact on Tesla's success.

I have been expecting a Powerwall 2 Founders Edition since 2017. And even put a downpayment on one from another award recipient. I have inquired a few times with Tesla Referral with the reply just kicking it down the road.

There must be many people in the same boat. Does anyone have any updates at all?

Thanks

Tesla owes me 3 powerwalls. It's been 2+ years, and they have been giving me the runaround. I don't think they have any intention of fulfilling the reward.

I have two Arachnids won as prizes #3 and #4. I claimed prize #3 back in June 2018 around when I got my current Model S then received prize #4 for self referring. I'm *still* waiting for them to deliver the Arachnids I claimed in June. When I emailed them last month, they didn't provide anything helpful besides they were experiencing a "part constraint" and I'll be contacted by the Service Center when they are delivered with no ETA.

I'm not even sure what I want to do with a second set of Arachnids since I'll presumably have one already received and they won't let you substitute for different prizes, cash value or even the equivalent wheels for a Model 3. The going price for them right now is... lower than I'm happy with, plus I'm not sure that I'm keen as of now on the logistics of trying to sell them. I really wish I could have arranged the timing in a way to get that PowerWall now that I have their solar panels.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I have questions regarding how to redeem the HPWC or the Radio Flyer Model S hopefully someone here can help.

I bought my Tesla using my Uncle's code and he said he will give the reward to me. He doesn't use a smartphone very often so I am trying to give him instructions on how to redeem the reward.

My first question is, can he request to send the HPWC to another person/address? Can he put in the name and address when he redeem the HPWC from the app? If it doesn't allow to change the shipping address, then if he requests the Radio Flyer Model S, will he just get a code and the code can be redeemed by anyone from radio flyer's webpage?

Time is running out, hopefully we will be able to redeem the reward in time. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.