Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the referral award rims include:
  • rims
  • tires
  • TPMS
  • center caps
  • installation (optional)
Did you get just wheels or did they come with tires too (as they should)? If they're an entire set, they're ready to sell, TPMS and all.
I got the rims and tires stacked up in my Model X. Nothing less. Nothing More.

I just want to make sure I advertise truthfully. The TPMS are inside?

Still not correct for my referrals.
18 referrals previous program. (Phase 9?)
31 delivered in current program.
2 on order.

Should be 51 with undelivered orders.
Referral page shows 49
(It had dropped to mid-30’s with recent issue)
Thought they might have stopped counting undelivered referrals.
I had 48 deliveries and it showed 49. A delivery occurred today and it didn’t change.

What’s more perplexing is that the Supercharging miles earned has stopped increasing with deliveries, or is being calculated incorrectly.

It is currently at 76,000 miles.

76,000 is not a possible calculation, mathematically with my 31 deliveries in any combination of 5,000 & 1,000 awards. (Requires an even number of deliveries)
Also, none could have expired yet.

Order Dates for the 31 deliveries are as follows:
13 ordered from May 1-May 28 (13x5,000 = 65,000)
1 ordered May 31 (5,000 or 1,000?)
17 ordered in April,June, July or August (17,000)

So correct total should be either 87,000 or 83,000 depending what the 5/31 order counts as.

Also have 2 referrals that are still undelivered which were ordered May 1st & May 9th
Just thought I’d update the Supercharging Miles Reward error issue.

One of the two undelivered referrals ordered in May was delivered today (ordered 5/30). Happily, it added another 5,000 to bring the total to 81,000 miles for 32 deliveries. Again, not mathematically possible for 32 awards in combinations of 5k & 1k. 29 & 33 would work.
D54D55BA-97E3-4811-81E0-25937FF7BDC3.jpeg
FED60B24-F7DE-48DB-9F1D-2D0419766487.jpeg

The question is, if I ordered a Tesla last week with a thousand-mile referral, do I now have to cancel that and reorder today to get the 2000 miles? Or will they change my order without me having to cancel and then reorder?
That’s a question you should contact Tesla with. Post-application of Changes have mixed results. Make sure whatever resolution you get is documented because you won’t be able to confirm how many miles you were awarded until after delivery.

So do we know if the new maximum expiration of 36 months applies retroactively, so even to cars delivered before they added the limitation? That would mean after 3 years everyone's remaining miles would go away? Does that mean that if I get one referral a month for 3 years, after 3 years I'll have to pay for supercharging again until the next referral comes in and the timer is reset to 6 months again?

So do we know if the new maximum expiration of 36 months applies retroactively, so even to cars delivered before they added the limitation? That would mean after 3 years everyone's remaining miles would go away? Does that mean that if I get one referral a month for 3 years, after 3 years I'll have to pay for supercharging again until the next referral comes in and the timer is reset to 6 months again?
Sent that question in an email to [email protected] on 8/26. This is the only response I received so far (on 8/26)…
Thank you for contacting Tesla about its Referral Program. We have received your inquiry and will respond in the order it was received. We appreciate your patience while we work to fulfill your referral awards. Thank you for accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

Please visit our Referral Program Support page for answers to many frequently asked questions.

Best regards,
The Tesla Team

• Informative
Reactions: SeBsZ
I have updated the Referral Dashboard to include "Export to CSV" and "Get previous phases".
  • Export to CSV will download a CSV file with all referrals, dates and e-mails to the referrals.
  • Get Previous phases will retrieve the referrals from phase 1-9 and add them to the view. This does not have email :( The referrals will be added to the CSV file for export.
Loading av previous referrals may take up to 1 minute!

It took 18 months, but I finally got my 22" Model X rims yesterday. Just in time for winter! About a month ago they emailed about my Powerwall and we got that ball rolling, so all my referral awards are now basically complete.

Depending on when the powerwall actually goes in, it will be about 2 total years from last car delivery to my referral award conclusion.

So over 3 years, the tally was, in no particular order:

Priority Tesla Solar roof token (HAHAHAHAHA).
Tesla Owners Jacket.
Moab Travel Bag.
A Radio Flyer Kids Model S
One set of 21" Gray Arachnids.
One set of 21" Silver Arachnids.
One set of Black 22" Model X rims/tires.
One black Tesla HPWC
One invite to a product reveal (never claimed).
A Powerwall (currently in design/planning with Tesla Energy people).

There might have been one or two other small things from the first referral award program but I've forgotten.

/edit Added reward black HPWC to list

Last edited:
Reactions: nasatech
Yeah, small gripe here... The secret level invite to a Falcon Heavy launch didn't say it was a one-time event, and that if you didn't claim it that one time, then you're out of luck. I was hoping those people who couldn't make it to Launch #2 would get invited to a future launch. Guess not.

Luckily I was able to make it to the first FH launch, but my wife really wants to go see one, and we were waiting for a future 'secret level' launch invite.

edit: And for the record, I'm still waiting on a set of 21" Arachnids. It's been radio silence from HQ and the local service center.

Yeah, small gripe here... The secret level invite to a Falcon Heavy launch didn't say it was a one-time event, and that if you didn't claim it that one time, then you're out of luck. I was hoping those people who couldn't make it to Launch #2 would get invited to a future launch. Guess not.

Luckily I was able to make it to the first FH launch, but my wife really wants to go see one, and we were waiting for a future 'secret level' launch invite.

edit: And for the record, I'm still waiting on a set of 21" Arachnids. It's been radio silence from HQ and the local service center.
Originally, we heard that there would be a second Falcon Heavy event. There were a couple staffing changes with the referral program shortly after the first Falcon Heavy launch and we haven't heard of any possible future event since then.

As of this week, we've received all of the physical (non-roadster) prizes. We haven't heard a peep about another Falcon Heavy launch, driving the Boring Machine, racing the Tesla Semi or launching a time capsule into space. :(

I did get a last second (like 5 days before) invite to the Model Y unveil but it was way to late for me to arrange to go. Hoping I get an invite to maybe the truck reveal.

As for my last set of rims, the last email I had with the referral people they said to contact my service center. So I made a service appt in the app for like a month later, and in the notes said "Pick up my referral award rims". About a day after I made the appt they texted me and said "We will work on getting the rims but don't come in for that appointment." So a month goes by, and the actual date of my service appointment approaches, I start getting the automated emails with details on my upcoming appointment. I text them again saying "You don't have my rims, I shouldn't come in right?" and they responded "No", but then about an hour later got another text saying they found a set and they could drop them off at my house the next day. And they did.

/edit this was for normal 22" X rims though which shouldn't be that rare compared to Arachnids. I was surprised how long it took to get them. The other Arachnids I won took awhile, but I think 6 months was the longest wait for those. I figured most service centers would just have 22" rims laying around anyway, but it still took over a year to collect that prize.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
As for my last set of rims, the last email I had with the referral people they said to contact my service center. So I made a service appt in the app for like a month later, and in the notes said "Pick up my referral award rims". About a day after I made the appt they texted me and said "We will work on getting the rims but don't come in for that appointment."

Yes, that's exactly what they told me, and I contacted the SC three times (over three months) and they said the parts haven't arrived yet. The last two months I sent followups, they never replied.

I finally emailed rp@ and asked them for help before the Oct 1st deadline.

As of this week, we've received all of the physical (non-roadster) prizes. We haven't heard a peep about another Falcon Heavy launch, driving the Boring Machine, racing the Tesla Semi or launching a time capsule into space. :(

Oh, I forgot all about those. I've been spending too much time admiring my pretty solar roof tokens.

Yes, that's exactly what they told me, and I contacted the SC three times (over three months) and they said the parts haven't arrived yet. The last two months I sent followups, they never replied.
Yea, that's a bummer. As we all know the whole program has been very poorly managed, but I mean, these are gifts after all, so I just take it in stride. Much like everything Tesla, they do eventually make it right, it just takes AGES. I knew eventually I would get all my awards but had no expectations of time at all. You'll get your rims, but it might not be until next summer.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth? I feel like I shouldn't complain much considering all this stuff was rewards/prizes for effort I didn't have to do in the first place. I choose to hand out cards with my code at events and take the time to talk to perspective owners, they didn't hire me. There was no contract.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.