Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Registration with TitleGirl

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My search for reselling prior to reg in TX brought me here and this is exactly what I figured would be the case. I wasn't sure if Tesla provided title at time of sale (seems like they should), but I guess they don't so "TT&L" is handled in one transaction with the state that involves collecting tax before furnishing a title. Kinda stinks as I ordered a Model Y back in October and now my EDD is potentially Jan 2023. I'd like to simply keep my spot in line and sell my vehicle to someone else (since I bought something else), but seems the only way to do that would be to sell my spot in line and tesla won't allow it unless its "an immediate family member" (according to other posts). My question would be how would they know who is in your immediate family?

I like to trade my new tesla with another new car from another dealership, but only have tesla certificate of origin and bill of sale. I live in self registration state and have to register myself to get title.

But Certificate of Origin form that tesla mailed to me, has a location for dealers to sell to their customer just entering their dealer number.
Thank you