Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla reintroduces ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ – offering cheaper alternative to ‘Full Self-Driving’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla reintroduces 'Enhanced Autopilot' - offering cheaper alternative to 'Full Self-Driving' - Electrek

Tesla is reintroducing ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ – offering cheaper alternative to ‘Full Self-Driving’. Here's what you get compared to FSD:

Tesla-Enhanced-Autopilot-upgrade.jpg

I ordered my M3 and I am still waiting for delivery. This obviously was not an option, but now that it is, I would definitely pay $4k for the added features. Hoping I'll be able to do so after I take delivery. What do you guys think about these new added features?

It's an interesting option. If I had to do it over, I may have opted for the "enhanced autopilot" package for now. Also, perhaps this makes it easier for some people to work their way up to FSD in 2 steps. $4k now, and another $4k later.

I'm curious how well the subscription model will do before FSD is truly autonomous. I'd imagine there will be a high number of subscriptions that don't renew after a few months.

It's an interesting option. If I had to do it over, I may have opted for the "enhanced autopilot" package for now. Also, perhaps this makes it easier for some people to work their way up to FSD in 2 steps. $4k now, and another $4k later.

I'm curious how well the subscription model will do before FSD is truly autonomous. I'd imagine there will be a high number of subscriptions that don't renew after a few months.

According to someone on these boards that already purchased EAP with this new offering, to upgrade to FSD from it is 5k... not 4k. its more expensive currently to upgrade twice (EAP then to FSD) than purchasing FSD for 8k, but no one knows if it will stay that way.

Thought about it and said forget it. Elon has done good things with a lot of Tesla stuff but this nonsense he must smoke crack. Keep raising price for nonsense? 4k literally for nonsense? No thanks

Autopilot works fine. Took on 200 mile trip and it was fine. I can pass vehicles on my own and merge on my own plus it keeps me awake. The autopilot ain't even close to ready for fsd so what are you paying for? Summon is nonsense. Autopark might be cool, but the navigate on autopilot? So I'm paying 4k to watch the car hopefully do what it's supposed to do instead of me taking a second to do it? The stupid thing isn't even smart enough to move over a bit in the lane when an accident is about to happen, I've had to come out of autopilot to make sure my car wasn't damaged. Thank you but no thanks. When it's buy once and move between cars, call me up. When it's short term subscription where I can buy it for a week or something and it actually works, call me up. People thinking this is propping up their depreciating vehicle are smoking what Elon smokes. It will depreciate like every other option and at some point I'm sure they will find a way to get out of giving fsd to all the saps who buy now. Id guess min 10 years down the road and that might be optimistic.

I purchased the $4k EAP, and then noticed the FSD price only dropped from $8k to $5k in my upgrades profile, not $4k as expected. So if I want FSD it'll cost $1k in total to buy it this way (a little at a time). But it'll surely FSD price will go up more between now and then...