Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't matter what FREE functionalities and improvements these updates bring. There will always be somebody whining about what they didn't get or what Tesla -should- be working on.
Exactly. People seriously have nothing better to do than complain about features that they didn’t receive instead of focusing on the free improvements that they will receive this time around. Similarly, you have all the anti-Tesla folks commenting on social media that car wash mode is being implemented to fix poor engineering, Disney Plus is a gimmick, etc.

Reactions: M109Rider
One of my neighbors washed his 2006 GMC Savana all year around here in NY 😂. Also, you can stay in the car while it goes through the conveyor belt. I have done it a few times in Merrick and Freeport.
Crazy.

Very few places will do that, as it is a liability. If you drive the car into a worker...

Plus, I'd rather use the car wash like everyone else, get out, go inside, pay, wait for it to be done. Tesla just overcomplicated it having the parking brake apply automatically.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod and rlb4
Crazy.

Very few places will do that, as it is a liability. If you drive the car into a worker...

Plus, I'd rather use the car wash like everyone else, get out, go inside, pay, wait for it to be done. Tesla just overcomplicated it having the parking brake apply automatically.
My version of "everyone else" is just use one of the gazillion car washes where you drive in, stop the car and the wash machine washes everything then you drive out, hasn't been a problem for over two years without a car wash mode.

I don't know HOW those software's updated? My 2021.3.104 and vehicle ( July 2021) showing as of today software up to date.
🤔
May be some one know?

I don't know HOW those software's updated? My 2021.3.104 and vehicle ( July 2021) showing as of today software up to date.
🤔
May be some one know?
Go out to your car and press the “advance” update option five times, followed by shifting your car to reverse, moving about ten feet and then back. Should update 👍

You could always use a phone as a hotspot. The only thing you need to do was reconnect as soon as you shift into D or R. I'm not sure what this really brings.

For those not paying for premium connectivity, it brings simply the ability to NOT have to re connect AFTER you shift into drive. They are not enabling anyone to use the cars wifi connection, they are just giving a setting to not automatically toggle off wifi in the car when you shift to drive. Thats how I read it, anyway. Sorry if this is answered already, responding to this without getting to the end of the thread first.

🤔
May be some one know?

First, updates like this (or any other) from tesla are rolled out in waves. Your car is obviously still on the factory firmware. There is nothing you can do to force an update, the car will tell you when there is one ready for you.

Electrek likes to try to be "first" so posts about stuff as soon as they find out about it, sometimes without even verifying it. It will likely be several weeks before we all see this, but it wont stop there from being pages and pages (and pages and pages) of people posting about it, either saying "its great" or complaining about it.

There are tons of people who love to complain about whatevers in the free software updates because it doesnt "fix" whatever their view is of what tesla is supposed to be working on.

For those not paying for premium connectivity, it brings simply the ability to NOT have to re connect AFTER you shift into drive. They are not enabling anyone to use the cars wifi connection, they are just giving a setting to not automatically toggle off wifi in the car when you shift to drive. Thats how I read it, anyway. Sorry if this is answered already, responding to this without getting to the end of the thread first.

I was reluctant to pay for premium connectivity. I tried living with it for a month using the unlimited hotpot on my phone. Getting it working each time you get in the car was a pain. I've given up for the time being and just paying the monthly fee.

Reactions: JBT66
First, updates like this (or any other) from tesla are rolled out in waves. Your car is obviously still on the factory firmware. There is nothing you can do to force an update, the car will tell you when there is one ready for you.

Electrek likes to try to be "first" so posts about stuff as soon as they find out about it, sometimes without even verifying it. It will likely be several weeks before we all see this, but it wont stop there from being pages and pages (and pages and pages) of people posting about it, either saying "its great" or complaining about it.

There are tons of people who love to complain about whatevers in the free software updates because it doesnt "fix" whatever their view is of what tesla is supposed to be working on.
thank you.

^^This^^
Electrek love to post stuff like this but don't bother checking to see if anyone else has seen it. This release seems that nobody but the one guy on Reddit has seen it.
Looking at TeslaFi it seems that 2021.12.25.7 is going out to a bunch of cars right now, so I'm guessing no public cars will see 2021.24 for a while yet

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri