Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2) You live in California. You can wash your car at home all year round. Try doing that in the middle winter when it's snowing, 30 degrees and there's salt/sand stuck to your car that needs to be removed.
You are thinking the typical California image of Middle and Southern California. There are parts of California just as brutal with snow as Long Island :) But yea, I don't want to be hand washing a car in the snow.

Lol, in Nevada? I guess you can wash in the winter.
No I can't wash in winter. TOO much snow and brutal cold. You must be thinking of Las Vegas. People that don't live in California and Nevada sure get confused and think it is all sun and fun :) Not sure what you think goes on out here.

Attachments

• 2021-01-29 07.44.28 Desert Fox snow.jpg
    2021-01-29 07.44.28 Desert Fox snow.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
No I can't was in winter. TOO much snow and brutal cold. You must be thinking of Las Vegas. People that don't live in California and Nevada sure get confused and think it is all sun and fun :)
So, how have you gone 4+ years without using a car wash if you can't wash your car in winter?

You are thinking the typical California image of Middle and Southern California. There are parts of California just as brutal with snow as Long Island :) But yea, I don't want to be hand washing a car in the snow.
I doubt people who live full time in Tahoe, or similar, wouldn't use a car wash. My comment was to someone from the Bay Area.

No I can't wash in winter. TOO much snow and brutal cold. You must be thinking of Las Vegas. People that don't live in California and Nevada sure get confused and think it is all sun and fun :) Not sure what you think goes on out here.
G, I suppose it is possible a couple of posters didn't pass geography tests in high school, or they know travel outside of the home area much. I often see the "lol" postings from people only for them to later realize they stuck their foot in their mouth.:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I have usually gotten my updates pretty quickly, but had been stuck on 2021.4.18.11 for quite some time. Got a notice yesterday for an update and figured I was finally getting 2021.12.25. Nope, it hooked me up with 2021.4.21.3. :mad: I've got a 1200 mile trip starting Saturday and really want the latest.

So, how have you gone 4+ years without using a car wash if you can't wash your car in winter?
Yes sir, that is correct. 4+ years without washing my Tesla in the winter. Perhaps I am wrong, though it sounds like you might be making an assumption I leave the car out all winter with snow and salt and other dirt on it without washing. That's would be a wrong assumption if so. I don't use the Tesla during bad conditions in the winter. It stays in the garage. No need to wash it. I use the ICE car for that and it gets washed at a car wash. I use the Tesla for mostly interstate travel the rest of the year.

In my case the "doubt" is wrong. I live in Tahoe. It looks to me as your comment was to mr/mrs desert. backtracking?
What backtracking?

Are you saying that you live in Tahoe during the winter and don't take your car to a car wash? You stand outside with water and wash the car?

Yes sir, that is correct. 4+ years without washing my Tesla in the winter. Perhaps I am wrong, though it sounds like you might be making an assumption I leave the car out all winter with snow and salt and other dirt on it without washing. That's would be a wrong assumption if so. I don't use the Tesla during bad conditions in the winter. It stays in the garage. No need to wash it. I use the ICE car for that and it gets washed at a car wash. I use the Tesla for mostly interstate travel the rest of the year.
There's still salt, sand, or dirt, that should be washed off the car in winter. Even if you leave it inside during a storm. Driving on dry days can still get the car dirty. My car gets dirty in the summer.

There's still salt, sand, or dirt, that should be washed off the car in winter. Even if you leave it inside during a storm. Driving on dry days can still get the car dirty. My car gets dirty in the summer.
Hmmm, somehow you still think what I do is not the right thing to do. :) Not agreeing with your assessment since you don't live here and have no idea when or how I use my car. Maybe that is true where you live since I don't know your area, yet I hope to visit some day. Seems like a nice place. So I'll get back on track of the purpose of this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Mom
Question. Any idea how this hotspot thing will function.? It is of interest to me. I can't find anyone out at the GF that yet knows the details of this feature.

I can't say for certain. The new hotspot feature states it's suppose to help out with people using their phone with the car instead of paying the $10/mth fee to use the car LTE, along with the extra feature.

I do very little driving, and most of it is in town as well. So I really don't "NEED" most of the features you get with the $10/mth plan.

One thing I want t do is to be able to stream Spotify. So when my free use expired I was going to just use my unlimited hotspot on my phone to stream Spotify to the car instead of pay $10/mth to use the car LTE.

In practice, so far, it has been stupid. I have to reconnect to each time I get into the car and it takes several minutes. I can no longer just open the door and hear music instantly.

"MY" thought here is that the new feature will fix or reduce the issues with using your phone hotspot instead of the car LTE.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I can't say for certain. The new hotspot feature states it's suppose to help out with people using their phone with the car instead of paying the $10/mth fee to use the car LTE, along with the extra feature.

I do very little driving, and most of it is in town as well. So I really don't "NEED" most of the features you get with the $10/mth plan.

One thing I do wasn't is to be able to stream Spotify. So when my free use expired I was going to just use my unlimited hotspot on my phone to stream Spotify to the car instead of pay $10/mth to use the car LTE.

In practice, so far, it has been stupid. I have to reconnect to each time I get into the car and it takes several minutes. I can no longer just open the door and hear music instantly.

"MY" thought here is that the new feature will fix or reduce the issues with using your phone hotspot instead of the car LTE.
That is exactly what it is.

Ok, that helps. Unless I am misunderstanding something, it sounds like a feature that won't be of use to me since I already have free premium connectivity. Yes, no?
But let's say I don't have premium connectivity. I would have to pay my cellular provider an extra $10 a month to use my phone as a hotspot, so sounds like a wash to me. What am I missing here?