Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my car for 3 days so be patient with my question. I have a M3 LR AWD and the software is 2021.3.105 an it says its up to date. When will I get the new Car Wash mode and latest update? I am on Advanced setting as well. Thanks

What was told you on screen and what was tell you Tesla advisor it's two different thinks. I have my soft 2021.3.104 and this is VERY OLD soft from factory. Autopilot works very bad, FSD ( I bought full version and this is was included in vehicle price+ tax on it , not a subscription) not worked at all. I have latest hardware. All conversations with Tesla agents didn't brought to me any result. Only empty promises. Will waiting for next week and after will ask legal advice to return FSD money back.

Last edited:
What was told you on screen and what was tell you Tesla advisor it's two different thinks. I have my soft 2021.3.104 and this is VERY OLD soft from factory. Autopilot works very bad, FSD ( I bought full version and this is was included in vehicle price+ tax on it , not a subscription) not worked at all. I have latest hardware. All conversations with Tesla agents didn't brought to me any result. Only empty promises. Will waiting for next week and after will ask legal advice to return FSD money back.
Wut? If you're car is new, it could take a week (or more) to get any new update. Take a deept breath and relax. FSD is in beta anyways so what you're buying is for what it will be in the future. Kind of sounds like you didn't do much research on your Tesla before you bought it.

• Disagree
Reactions: JBT66 and sunfarm
Wut? If you're car is new, it could take a week (or more) to get any new update. Take a deept breath and relax. FSD is in beta anyways so what you're buying is for what it will be in the future. Kind of sounds like you didn't do much research on your Tesla before you bought it.
Sounds for me very good and when I talked to TESLA advisors( 5 of them) all they say- you FSD a MUST work because you paid for it in full. How it will be working good or bad - that is a different story, but nothing working this is not right. When I bought FSD nobody told me it's will be not work include sale agent. So long story - short story, yesterday one agent told me my problem - 2021.3.104 -very old soft which must be updated. We will see when?

• Disagree
Reactions: temptingtime
Fsd is beta software. I hope you weren’t expecting the car to drive itself?

Fsd is beta software. I hope you weren’t expecting the car to drive itself?
I love my Model 3 LR- super vehicle, but features not working at all. AP and FSD I can't engage. I am not talk about YOUTUBE video driving on a city streets, but on HWY AP or FSD must engage without a problems ( of course with PERMANENT attention from a driver). On my BMW x5 Driving Assistant Professional working even better.

All conversations with Tesla agents didn't brought to me any result. Only empty promises. Will waiting for next week and after will ask legal advice to return FSD money back.
If you talk with some one in the show room, they might not be really technically knowledgeable.

Using your phone App, you should make a appointment to your Service Center explaining your situation.
They might want to get your car to look at it, but also they could simply push remotely a new update.

I was a little bit in this situation when my 2.5 FSD was updated to 3.0 Full FSD.
The new instalation was based on an older software and I could not get back the current version.
After contacting the Service Center I receive a text message for a new update.

Last edited:
If you talk with some one in the show room, they might not be really technically knowledgeable.

Using your phone App, you should make a appointment to your Service Center explaining your situation.
They might want to get your car to look at it, but also they could simply push remotely a new update.

I was a little bit in this situation when my 2.5 FSD was updated to 3.0 Full FSD.
The new instalation was based on an older software and I could not get back the current version.
After contacting the Service Center I receive a text message for a new update.
I have appointm. Aug 12 with service tech, but I ask all of them (agents, service advisors) 7 times and each of them says different and promises. One agent even start testing my internet connection( I don't know how) and was shocked with my speed 1.5 GB ( I have bi-directional bypass switch fiber optic boost internet- so my WIFI in garage min 900MB and any files downloaded for seconds, but if I am using server that 10GB speed). My closes Service Center in Vancouver 380 km from me!!!

• Disagree
Reactions: temptingtime
I'm not the one you asked, but I want the charge charge port locked, too. I'll go over the car with a pressure washer first (before using ONR and a sponge), and it's not uncommon for it to trigger the charge port door. Four month of ownership and I'm starting to get the hang of making that not happen, but I don't always think about. It'll be nice for that to not happen.

The other thing I want from car wash mode, as a home washer, is the ability to have the doors open (or windows down), me not in the car, but leave the music going.
Wether or not it opens I would probably avoid direct pressure washing around the charge port.

Took me a while to not open port with my microfiber towel, I just don’t wash it any more and when wiping down to dry will wipe with my dry towel.

2021.4 = 4th week of 2021 (January). 2021.12 = 12th week of 2021 (March). And 2021.24 = 24th week of 2021 (June). At this rate - maybe we'll see 2021.24 some time in October or November.
I know, right? For a technology company the Tesla servers are sooooo slooooow. Just trying or log into your account is excruciatingly slow. You can imagine how long it takes to push software out to how many cars? Thank God the car doesn't have to handshake with the Tesla 'mothership' every time you step on the go pedal or invoke the autopilot.

Who jumped the gun on this 2021.24 release? Did some fanboy get a glimpse of this release and spewed it out everywhere? It's been more than a week since this release news broke and only ONE car on Teslafi has it. So clearly its not ready for primetime yet...

I know, right? For a technology company the Tesla servers are sooooo slooooow. Just trying or log into your account is excruciatingly slow. You can imagine how long it takes to push software out to how many cars? Thank God the car doesn't have to handshake with the Tesla 'mothership' every time you step on the go pedal or invoke the autopilot.
I'm willing to bet, it does, when in china.

(everyone in china has to; its law and non-negotiable)

Who jumped the gun on this 2021.24 release? Did some fanboy get a glimpse of this release and spewed it out everywhere? It's been more than a week since this release news broke and only ONE car on Teslafi has it. So clearly its not ready for primetime yet...
I'm installing 24.1 now. I guess the .24 release had an issue so they held off on a wide release until .1 was ready.