Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also in this 2021.24.3 the main screen has info about the FSD which was not there in the previous 2021.12.25.7.
Screenshot 2021-08-18 at 12.22.13 AM.png

Reactions: gaswalla
2021 X Long Range Plus here, went from 12.25.7 to 24.3 last night.

Early days, but the touch-buttons that were giving me headaches (garage door and suspension, and the HVAC buttons) rejected touches or interpreting one touch as two or just pretending like nothing happened, didn't happen this morning. The other annoying one was intermittent unexplained park assist unavailable messages, and new and exciting phantom braking events that had mostly disappeared with 4.18.whatever I was on before 12.25.7. Too early to tell if those went away.

Lots of other weirdness seems better now. For instance, auto-brightness on the displays seems much more responsive to conditions. Used to take many many seconds to adjust when going from a dim garage to full sun. Now it only takes to the end of the driveway. On my car 12.25.7 was a step backwards on user-interface, even if there were improvements running under the surface.

Disney+ works. The pre-refresh X doesn't get some of the fun stuff like the button icon tap or the auto-dim changes (but I also really have never noticed a need for it, it seems to work pretty well). I didn't check if the wifi stayed connected after I shifted out of park.

Time will tell I suppose. If this one is nice and stable I have been burned enough by weirdness after updates that I'll be rejecting the next one unless it comes with a performance upgrade or something, 12.25.7 broke me.

Look's like 2021.24.3 installs have (largely) ground to a stall overnight at around 20%.

Seems like the focus now is to install the lower 2021.12.25.7 version to stranglers like 2021.4.18.2 and 2021.4.18.11 (among others) that have been there weeks, or even months.

The way 2021.24.3 was installing the prior two days it initially seemed (largely) everyone was updating to a single version. Obviously now it's a different story.

Installed 2021.24.3 on my 2020 MY last night. Checked out the auto-dimming mirror option. How does this work? I didn't think my mirrors had the electronics to do this. I have yet to drive it at night to see what happens though, but the option is turned on.

Also, i noticed that the car wash feature did not show up in my list of options. Anyone else having this insignificant issue?

Installed 2021.24.3 on my 2020 MY last night. Checked out the auto-dimming mirror option. How does this work? I didn't think my mirrors had the electronics to do this. I have yet to drive it at night to see what happens though, but the option is turned on.

Also, i noticed that the car wash feature did not show up in my list of options. Anyone else having this insignificant issue?

I mentioned this before in another thread. I got a Dec 2019 "2020 build" and it came with dimming mirrors. I got a June 2020 "2020 minor refresh 2020 build" and it didn't have dimming mirrors. Not even the wiring was there. Then a few months later they were added back. If they had just installed the wiring I could have swapped the mirrors myself as I prefer the Tesla European wide view mirrors.

• Informative
Reactions: GtiMart
I got a notification to update to 2021.24.3 on Monday, but didn’t update yet. I noticed last night the update got pulled or otherwise doesn’t show up in the app. Model 3 LR RWD 2018.
Similar here, got the update available notice yesterday mid-day, downloaded late afternoon, went to install mid-evening, but it was gone. So still on 2021.12.25.7 for now.

Tesla must have found an issue with 2021.24.3 and halted the rollout. They've done this a couple times in the past that I can recall.

Missing the car wash option here as well, unless it’s in a secret hidden spot lol

auto dimming mirrors isn't a new feature - what is new is that you can turn them on or off. Useful for those folks who have dark tints on the side windows.
Obviously requires that your car has auto dimming mirrors fitted though ;)

Did that reboot, but the car wash is still not showing up.

As far as the dimming mirrors go, I don't believe I have them (MY Sept 20 delivery - VIN 48xxx) yet the option is not greyed out. I guess I do??? I thought that that feature was added about 2 months after my delivery.