Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are lucky you have only 3 behind. I am have brand new 2021 90K car and - 9 updates behind and nobody care. This is a joke and unacceptable too. 2021.3.104 - only 0.2% have it.

I bought my car knowing the features it was coming with. Why are some people so upset about features they weren't even promised when they purchased the car? Any future features are just icing on the cake to me.

I bought my car knowing the features it was coming with. Why are some people so upset about features they weren't even promised when they purchased the car? Any future features are just icing on the cake to me.
Couple of topics ago I explained when I bought FSD ( this is part of vehicle price) how it's works. Honestly not works at all. You can find my topic.

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
You are lucky you have only 3 behind. I am have brand new 2021 90K car and - 9 updates behind and nobody care. This is a joke and unacceptable too. 2021.3.104 - only 0.2% have it.
It is very common for a new car to stay on the factory installed version for a while before updating: I didn't get my first one for six weeks. One theory I came up with is that Tesla didn't want to start changing things too soon for a new owner. But that is just my speculation.

But others get them sooner so who knows.

To say it is a "joke and unacceptable" is just useless hyperbole.

Couple of topics ago I explained when I bought FSD ( this is part of vehicle price) how it's works. Honestly not works at all. You can find my topic.

Latest versions of firmware have nothing significant FSD wise to the version you have.

If you want the beta version of FSD City Streets, then latest version will not give you that either. Its an invite only beta currently with a very very very small number of testers.

tl;dr - latest version wont fix your FSD

On 18th Aug I had a 2021.24.3 notification on the phone that it was downloaded & ready to update, but before I got around to starting it a few hours later, it had already be wiped out.

I suspect this kind of urgent retraction only happens when there is a major malfunction affecting [AP] safety.

It is very common for a new car to stay on the factory installed version for a while before updating: I didn't get my first one for six weeks. One theory I came up with is that Tesla didn't want to start changing things too soon for a new owner. But that is just my speculation.

But others get them sooner so who knows.

To say it is a "joke and unacceptable" is just useless hyperbole.
If return me back 2 month ago I will not buy FSD. This is my fault I to much trust and believe in technology and didn't follow users advice. Tesla customer service tell me If I bought features they must work. Why they don't work- they don't know.

difficult to tell if you mean they just don't work at all, or behave sub-optimally

Yes. Not too clear.
Based on the postings I've seen, this individual just wants to bitch and moan. My suspicion is that something isn't working exactly how he thinks it should and is therefore a complete failure (in their eyes).

If the things were complete failures, Tesla would fix it; it might take a couple of times, but it would require good information for diagnosis. No, they aren't perfect, but if one provides good information and specific examples, then an issue can be properly diagnosed and corrected.

On 18th Aug I had a 2021.24.3 notification on the phone that it was downloaded & ready to update, but before I got around to starting it a few hours later, it had already be wiped out.

I suspect this kind of urgent retraction only happens when there is a major malfunction affecting [AP] safety.
In the same boat, although I think mine was pulled on the 17th. Still no update here.

It’s interesting that except for a minute about of owners there has been almost no ates available to anyone for several days.

Be interesting to see when things go full speed again if it’s something with major changes or just another patched version of the last several rounds from most recent version.