Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
24.3 and 24.4 have this issue on my 2018 X. Suspension labels on the right don't match settings on the left.

Attachments

• 20210823_210756.jpg
    20210823_210756.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 87
Anyone with a vehicle with FSD and radar lose smart summon with this update? I’m getting a “smart summon not available” error when trying to use smart summon ever since the upgrade. Service is sending the issue to software but no response or fix yet. I’m curious if others are seeing this behavior as well or if this is an isolated case. TIA

FWIW, I got 2021.24.4 yesterday, but haven't driven until today. Oddly, the usual pop-up of the changelog did not appear when I got into the car today, as normally happens when I first enter the car after an update, but the car did report the correct version, and the changelog showed the new features when I called it up manually. At least one new feature (toggling the remaining range from percent to miles) worked, although I found that it's kind of tricky to get right -- the length of the press on the icon has to be just right to toggle rather than bring up the charging dialog. I haven't tried to use any of the other new features yet.

At least one new feature (toggling the remaining range from percent to miles) worked, although I found that it's kind of tricky to get right -- the length of the press on the icon has to be just right to toggle rather than bring up the charging dialog.
I haven't tried it yet on the Y, but I think you are supposed to tap the text next to the icon, not the icon itself, in order to toggle.

You can now switch between battery percentage and distance units by tapping the range display next to the battery icon.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
FWIW, I got 2021.24.4 yesterday, but haven't driven until today. Oddly, the usual pop-up of the changelog did not appear when I got into the car today, as normally happens when I first enter the car after an update, but the car did report the correct version, and the changelog showed the new features when I called it up manually. At least one new feature (toggling the remaining range from percent to miles) worked, although I found that it's kind of tricky to get right -- the length of the press on the icon has to be just right to toggle rather than bring up the charging dialog. I haven't tried to use any of the other new features yet.
Can you confirm if the battery icon is now green (again) instead of grey?

Anyone with a vehicle with FSD and radar lose smart summon with this update? I’m getting a “smart summon not available” error when trying to use smart summon ever since the upgrade. Service is sending the issue to software but no response or fix yet. I’m curious if others are seeing this behavior as well or if this is an isolated case. TIA
Never mind i guess. It started working today after 3 days of the same unavailable error.

Just got 24.4

Anyone actually use the carwash yet? The one I want to try makes you get out of the car and then an employee gets in to move it forward a foot or two where the conveyor thingees engage. How would that work if I use the roll option?

Just got 24.4

Anyone actually use the carwash yet? The one I want to try makes you get out of the car and then an employee gets in to move it forward a foot or two where the conveyor thingees engage. How would that work if I use the roll option?
You’d have to instruct them on how to use car wash mode or, at a minimum, how to enable free roll. Probably easier to find a more convenient car wash, IMO.

I was using the belt system car wash previously. I just put the car in neutral. Always worked fine for me. Only problem was the sensors going off, no big deal. I had to manually fold mirrors. And the wipers went off which was kind of concern they might get got.

I briefly played with the cash was mode out on the street and seems to do what it said.

Seems like this mode just makes it easier.