Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2021.24.4 yesterday, and it got all the things that others mentioned, including Disney+, the miles vs. battery % toggle, etc. Nice!

Of course the new Dashcam Auto feature is my fav, knowing that in case of a collision 10min of cam footage will be saved automatically.

These endless posts have ruined this board... FFS everyone. I just checked TeslaFi... 70% of cars are still on 2021.12.25.7, so CHILL.

This is how it works. They update some, then see if they find bugs, update some more.... usually takes a couple of weeks. Sometimes you're in the first batch, sometimes with the rest of the pack. Nothing you can do.

These endless posts have ruined this board... FFS everyone. I just checked TeslaFi... 70% of cars are still on 2021.12.25.7, so CHILL.

This is how it works. They update some, then see if they find bugs, update some more.... usually takes a couple of weeks. Sometimes you're in the first batch, sometimes with the rest of the pack. Nothing you can do.
52.2%, actually.

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
2021.24.4 install went sideways yesterday. Completely bricked my car. Tesla service pending - since the change cable is locked to the car, cannot open doors, disconnect charger cable or move it. Non-moving hunk of various aluminum, steel, lithium, silicon...
Exact reason I have my update setting set to standard. Even if it's rare, I don't want to be the one to find the bugs for everyone else.

It’s interesting that except for a minute about of owners there has been almost no ates available to anyone for several days.

Be interesting to see when things go full speed again if it’s something with major changes or just another patched version of the last several rounds from most recent version.

I got this update over the weekend. I guess I’ll try car wash mode soon! The auto save on crash is a good feature.

Anyone with a vehicle with FSD and radar lose smart summon with this update? I’m getting a “smart summon not available” error when trying to use smart summon ever since the upgrade. Service is sending the issue to software but no response or fix yet. I’m curious if others are seeing this behavior as well or if this is an isolated case. TIA
I will try later today. Do you actually use smart summon?

'21 X LR+ - Installed 24.3 about a week or so ago. It works fine, and fixed a lot of the issues my car was having with 12.25.7.

Yesterday they pushed 24.4 to me but I told myself I'll be waiting a while to install updates. As the car seems nice and stable right now and I don't want to screw up a good thing.

2021.24.4 install went sideways yesterday. Completely bricked my car. Tesla service pending - since the change cable is locked to the car, cannot open doors, disconnect charger cable or move it. Non-moving hunk of various aluminum, steel, lithium, silicon...
Turns out to have been a dead 12v battery. Completely unrelated to the update. Replace battery, car comes alive and resumes the update. Sort of like magic...

Couple of topics ago I explained when I bought FSD ( this is part of vehicle price) how it's works. Honestly not works at all. You can find my topic.
And it wouldn’t work up to your expectations even if you had the latest firmware.

Bottom line if FSD wasn’t demoed in your test drive and especially your car
IT DOESN’T EXSIST.

I bought an FSD car in 2019. It’s not completely there yet. I do have some functionality but it’s no robotaxi.
I knew what I was getting when I bought it.
No illusions. And we’re not on Mars yet either.

And it wouldn’t work up to your expectations even if you had the latest firmware.

Bottom line if FSD wasn’t demoed in your test drive and especially your car
IT DOESN’T EXSIST.

I bought an FSD car in 2019. It’s not completely there yet. I do have some functionality but it’s no robotaxi.
I knew what I was getting when I bought it.
No illusions. And we’re not on Mars yet either.
I know. This was my mistake to buy full FSD, but I am own M3LR only 1.5 month and testing it ( including service). If at some point this is car will be not fit my needs it will be sell.

Reactions: notrhj