Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, I thought the second number represented the week number, meaning that 2021.3.xxx would be from the third week of 2021.

Either way, I want Disney+!
The second number ("3" in your case) is the week number of the main branch of the build; however, Tesla introduces bug fixes and minor changes atop those builds, and gives them one or two more numbers. It takes a while for a given week's build to get through quality control and onto ordinary owners' cars, and then there can be weeks or months more of smaller increments before ordinary owners' get a bump up in the weekly build number.

Right now, Tesla seems to be delivering a wide variety of weekly builds to cars. I don't know for a fact why this is, and I'll refrain from speculation. I wouldn't be concerned about it. Now, if you're still running 2021.3.x in six months, that might be another issue.

If you want Disney+, then I'm afraid you'll just have to wait. In the meantime, use a tablet computer. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: MBx4
I have appointm. Aug 12 with service tech, but I ask all of them (agents, service advisors) 7 times and each of them says different and promises. One agent even start testing my internet connection( I don't know how) and was shocked with my speed 1.5 GB ( I have bi-directional bypass switch fiber optic boost internet- so my WIFI in garage min 900MB and any files downloaded for seconds, but if I am using server that 10GB speed). My closes Service Center in Vancouver 380 km from me!!!
you do know that Model y wifi in the car is only able to use 2.4GHz, so 900mb will not help you on that! sorry

I’m just shocked still that people are are this one. It’s currently around 7% of total (TeslaFi) base. Which given its age seems really. It’s been stuck around that percentage for a while too. Doesn’t seem to be tied to any particular car or config.

I took delivery of my Model 3 two days ago and it's on version 2021.3.106.5 (and telling me it's up to date). I'm not sure why a car would come from the factory with software that old.

It’s always been this way. I’ve had my car for a year now, and when I first took delivery my software was several months back. The computer is manufactured with current software, but by the time it’s shipped to the factory, waited its turn in line, finally assembled into a car on the line, and then shipped out to wherever, it can easily fall behind. Don’t worry. Although it says it’s ”current” it will very soon alert you to an available update and I‘d bet within a few days you’ll be happy to confirm the download.

I’m just shocked still that people are are this one. It’s currently around 7% of total (TeslaFi) base. Which given its age seems really. It’s been stuck around that percentage for a while too. Doesn’t seem to be tied to any particular car or config.
That's the older hardware S/X models. If you dig deeper those cars are 2018 or older only. They receive basically very minor updates at this point. I've heard people moving from that group after HW3 upgrades

Reactions: gaswalla
i got it last night. Car wash mode works as advertised when I washed it today. Didn’t go to an auto wash so not sure about the free roll. Disney + as well. Only thing I noticed is the battery icon is still gray even though I can toggle from % to miles on the screen (I thought this update changed the icon the green again).

It’s always been this way. I’ve had my car for a year now, and when I first took delivery my software was several months back. The computer is manufactured with current software, but by the time it’s shipped to the factory, waited its turn in line, finally assembled into a car on the line, and then shipped out to wherever, it can easily fall behind. Don’t worry. Although it says it’s ”current” it will very soon alert you to an available update and I‘d bet within a few days you’ll be happy to confirm the download.
I've been stuck on 2021.3.104 since I took delivery 29 July...

Got it today! Was starting to think it was an internet thing lol..

B624EB02-0B2D-436D-9904-3E1BBF0365B2_1_105_c.jpeg

Do you have a strong wifi signal where you park? Are you parked on the street, or in a garage?

If your signal is strong, confirm the car is actually getting the wifi signal. If everything looks good, I'd contact Tesla. Over a month on that software version doesn't seem right.
So what? No one really clue how this is updates coming and who get them first. Tech was on my site and say my 2021.3.104 - up to date and the same answer I got from Tesla service.

Reactions: CapinWinky