Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the latest phone update, what happened to the display of available Superchargers nearby? When you select the charge icon, it opens the port and only shows the current and desired default charge settings. The old version of the app use to display all levels of charging stations nearby and how many available stalls there were? Am I missing where that is?

In the latest phone update, what happened to the display of available Superchargers nearby? When you select the charge icon, it opens the port and only shows the current and desired default charge settings. The old version of the app use to display all levels of charging stations nearby and how many available stalls there were? Am I missing where that is?
You can see the four closest Superchargers by going to the Location screen and zooming out. You can then tap on a Supercharger to see the number of total stalls and available stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno and aix93
Model Y here, reporting that with 2021.24.10 I barely hear the motor noise / whine anymore. I'm not sure when this changed, but on my drive today, I noticed that I couldn't hear the high pitched noise of my motor when accelerating.

AP on 2021.24.10 is not as smooth as 2021.12.27.10 in my opinion (to the point where I use AP less on 24.10). 27.10 was my favorite version for AP ever since I got my car.

I regret updating (a little bit), but that's the nature of Tesla updates.

Reactions: Bilen
AP on 2021.24.10 is not as smooth as 2021.12.27.10 in my opinion (to the point where I use AP less on 24.10). 27.10 was my favorite version for AP ever since I got my car.

I regret updating (a little bit), but that's the nature of Tesla updates.
I really don’t think they are making AP updates on every single release. I think you’re just feeling placebo. I haven’t noticed any major difference in autopilot since 2020 probably. I’m on 24.10 now. And it’s no different than before…

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
2021 has been an interested year for updates indeed. I now have had 78 firmware updates to my 3-year-old Model 3LR RWD FSD car. The big difference from previous years is the number and frequency of same-numbered-week updates. For example:

2021.4.x.x - From Feb 11 through Aug 11 I had 13 of these week-4 updates.
2021.12.25.7 - For the 5 days between Aug 11 - 16 I flirted with this single week-12 update.
2021.24.x - I’ve been on the week-24 updates since Aug 16, less than a month, and have experienced the following:

Aug 16 - 24.3, lasted 14 days
Aug 30 - 24.4, lasted 2 days, didn’t even drive the car with this update
Sep 1 - 24.5, lasted 3 days, one short drive to move the car out of the garage and back
Sep 4 - 24.10, lasted 9 days
Sep 13 - 24.11, current version in my car, updated very early this morning

Not sure this means anything, just appears that when we get a week number that Tesla really likes, Tesla sticks with it. Maybe “4” and “24” are lucky numbers in South Africa where Elon is from?

The good news: I haven’t found anything newly broken in 24.11…yet.
The bad news: AutoPark still doesn’t, Dumb Summon still doesn’t, phantom braking still does based on a quick early-morning test drive. Later today I’ll test the Smart Summon, and exit lane slowdowns and merges though I’m tempering expectations there as well.
The really good news (for me): I’m loving me some Car Wash Mode, available for the last several updates. Works well with our two local conveyor-driven brush washes, requiring just a bit of explaining to the car wash staff each time. They’re used to Teslas but handle them by having the site manager with a keycard sit in the vehicle through the wash. No longer needed. And yes, I use conveyor-driven brush washes, let the flaming begin. No swirls, no scratches, paint hasn’t washed off, bugs are removed, car is clean. I still do a manual ONR wash and wax about every 4 months, but now only to see and evaluate damage from rocks and heavy bugs.

Model Y here, reporting that with 2021.24.10 I barely hear the motor noise / whine anymore. I'm not sure when this changed, but on my drive today, I noticed that I couldn't hear the high pitched noise of my motor when accelerating.

You know you might be on to something. I just received 2021.24.5 and probably wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't post this, but it seem the high pitched whine is nearly gone on my 2018 LR RWD too. Only at low levels of regen can I just barely hear it. I always thought it was coming through the rear speakers because it was so noticeable. Very interesting.

Last edited:
And yes, I use conveyor-driven brush washes, let the flaming begin. No swirls, no scratches, paint hasn’t washed off, bugs are removed, car is clean. I still do a manual ONR wash and wax about every 4 months, but now only to see and evaluate damage from rocks and heavy bugs.
Thank you for the affirmation! I've been using a conveyor-driven brush wash since I got my Model Y in January. I got occasional looks/comments about it– but none from the carwash staff. I always retract the mirrors and put the car in neutral and haven't experienced any of the issues addressed in the new "car wash" mode. I don't have covered parking and the trees over my driveway drop tons of messy debris on my car. I pay for unlimited washes and go every few days. I haven't seen ANY problems with the paint. I suppose "car wash" mode is confirmation from Tesla that I'm not the idiot some would think I am.