TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blog Tesla Releases Info on Dual-Motor Model 3; Performance Version to Cost $78K

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TMC Staff, May 20, 2018.

1. TMC Staff

Tesla has released pricing and specs for the dual-motor all-wheel drive and Performance Model 3. All in, the flagship version of Tesla’s “smaller, simpler, more affordable” electric car will cost $78,000. The Performance version will do 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, has a top speed of 155 mph, and a 310 mile range. Tesla CEO...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

2. gsoumakian

gsoumakian New Member

When will the window open up to order the Model 3 AWD?

3. TriTexan

TriTexan Member

Looking forward to the various head-to-head comparisons by various organizations like Road&Track, C&D, etc that prove or disprove that the Model 3 is in fact better on a track than the BMW M3 (let's throw Merc's AMG C-series in for good measure!).

But I think the Alfa Guilia is probably the real target to beat here.

4. sreams

sreams Member

It may already be open for some. It would be a mistake to open it up to all those invited at the same time. There would be far too many orders all at once.

5. dauger

dauger Member

I personally look forward to the comparison to BMW M3, since I once enjoyed my 2001 BMW M3 until I bought my P85 S, and I find it ironic that the Model 3 I will be buying my wife may well be competition for today's BMW M3.

6. R.S

R.S Active Member

Or the next BMW 3 series. The current generation is getting 7 years old this year and will therefore be replaced by the next generation.

BMW will also add AWD, so it will be interesting to see those two compete. Right now the Giulia is the car to beat.

7. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Aouchie, that'll hurt, hope the 35k base model gets released same time. Don't get greedy Fremont:)