Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Releases New Software Updates, Includes Immediate Forced Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
New over-the-air update concerns Sentry Mode, Driving Visualization, Software Update Preference and Conditional Speed Limits Tesla is just starting another over-the-air update (2019.16) with several additional improvements, which makes the car even better. According to Electrek, more and more popular and effective Sentry Mode will be easier to manage and the owner will be able...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/05/07/tesla-releases-new-software-updates/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

So where is it? It may have released to early access but it hasn't been released to the rest of us. Usually released means released to the general public/population or it should say to a select group.
There have always been reviews and videos whenever a new update becomes available...to anyone. Just means that it is a week or two away from mass release. It's all good.

Dan

I received it Saturday morning at 1:50AM right before my scheduled trip.

Maybe if you plan to use it you can push the universe to push it to you.

It was amazing too. It included the battery warm up, the 150 charging, and a bunch of other stuff I don’t remember.

The most important part was the autopilot update. Oh my gosh, it may have surpassed my girlfriends driving ability. The way I drive I typically leave more room between the car and the yellow dividing lines than the car and the white shoulder lines. I’ve been uncomfortable with how close to the yellow AP typically drives. Well, it seems they finally got it right for a whole lotta more conditions and road widths. NOA didn’t have me phantom braking with my left foot either. Oh! And when people cut into your lane that whole “brake so hard your head moves” has gone away!!! And I mean even for some really close cut ins! It brakes like an intelligent person would.

This was a solid, solid update. 12.1.2

I received it Saturday morning at 1:50AM right before my scheduled trip.

Maybe if you plan to use it you can push the universe to push it to you.

It was amazing too. It included the battery warm up, the 150 charging, and a bunch of other stuff I don’t remember.

The most important part was the autopilot update. Oh my gosh, it may have surpassed my girlfriends driving ability. The way I drive I typically leave more room between the car and the yellow dividing lines than the car and the white shoulder lines. I’ve been uncomfortable with how close to the yellow AP typically drives. Well, it seems they finally got it right for a whole lotta more conditions and road widths. NOA didn’t have me phantom braking with my left foot either. Oh! And when people cut into your lane that whole “brake so hard your head moves” has gone away!!! And I mean even for some really close cut ins! It brakes like an intelligent person would.

This was a solid, solid update. 12.1.2
There is a very long thread on 2019.12.1.2. This thread is about 2019.16.

Reactions: shrfu31
Tesla gives deadline to force software updates on owners who have been resisting them - Electrek

Several Tesla owners with vehicles on older software versions are reporting having received the following in-car message from Tesla:

The Tesla network is undergoing enhancements for increased security. In order to maintain compatibility with and access to connected vehicle features, this vehicle requires a software update to at least version 2019.40.2.3.

If not updated prior to 1-May-2020, this vehicle may no longer be able to receive over-the-air software updates, access the Tesla Mobile App & associated features, utilize voice commands, receive streaming media content, and other connectivity dependent features may be impacted.
Please install the available software update by selecting the yellow clock icon and choosing a convenient time. If you are persistently experiencing software update installation failures, please schedule a service appointment via Tesla Mobile App.

Reactions: theBurtReynold