Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla remote and Siri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I downloaded the Tesla Remote app today, having seen it recommended by a couple of people on here. I thought it was possible to use it to unlock the charging port using Siri. I’m probably being dim, but every time I try I get a response that either Siri can’t unlock my Apple Watch\iphone, or that it can’t control my battery. If anyone could tell me how to get it working I’d be very grateful (all software is up to date btw).

Hi,

I downloaded the Tesla Remote app today, having seen it recommended by a couple of people on here. I thought it was possible to use it to unlock the charging port using Siri. I’m probably being dim, but every time I try I get a response that either Siri can’t unlock my Apple Watch\iphone, or that it can’t control my battery. If anyone could tell me how to get it working I’d be very grateful (all software is up to date btw).

I think I read somewhere on the forums that you need to use it in conjunction with the Shortcuts app where you can use Siri to trigger your shortcut which could be for example to unlock the car.

Hi,

you need to add it via the Shortcut app, before you can add third party shortcuts you need to create one first.

Tesla Commands Shortcut : shortcuts

Hi,

Evening.

Siri works for me using Tesla Remote. you have to set it up via the Siri Shortcuts app. It doesn’t work through the Apple Watch but works fine through the phone. I use it for commands like ‘open charge port’, ‘open bonnet’ etc. It’s quicker than unlocking the phone and opening the app. Though can have a slight delay so just have to be patient. Hope that helps.

Hi,

You can contact him over on the Tesla forums.
Remote for Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone & iPad official support and feature request thread (formerly known as Remote S) | Tesla

Evening.

Siri works for me using Tesla Remote. you have to set it up via the Siri Shortcuts app. It doesn’t work through the Apple Watch but works fine through the phone.
Works through the watch as well now that fixed the shortcuts link that was broken in the Ios 13/ watch os 6 update. I use it to precondition the car, open the garage door and gate 5 minutes later and start playing my morning playlist with one command.....

I also use scheduled charging to come on 00:30, but then use an automated shortcut relating to turning off Do Not Disturb to stop charging at 04:30 for the Octopus Go tariff - something the Tesla programming can't currently do.

XX.jpg

Last edited:
I haven’t tried this exact command however the wording in the app is “open port” so I would use those words, plus as @Ben says you have to set up those commands via Shortcuts app on phone.

Tony
You can change the wording in the shortcuts to anything you want as long as it points to the correct action in Tesla Remote. I’ve called my boot ‘ sesame’ so I now say open sesame and voila the boot opens.