Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla remote detects Boost50 acceleration mod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well worded and thought provoking replies these last couple..way more productive than “they’re stealing from Tesla!!!!”

I’d be interesting in seeing their process for sidestepping the software locks since it seems they’re able to enable more than just “go fast”

Same as duplicating the boost- they steal existing tesla code that can do all those commands, change a couple words to avoid lawsuits, and have their product send that code over the canbus when told to.

Well worded and thought provoking replies these last couple..way more productive than “they’re stealing from Tesla!!!!”

I’d be interesting in seeing their process for sidestepping the software locks since it seems they’re able to enable more than just “go fast”

Apologies if I were unclear earlier on - my only concern around theft was really around enabling free Supercharging... since Tesla pays the electric bill, they (and they alone) get to decide who gets to use it ...

I haven't considered the Boost device as theft, unless it's a simple bit-flipper. Which we all know it isn't. If that's all it does - then I'm highly disappointed in the engineering behind this ... I don't think that's the case at all.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Apologies if I were unclear earlier on - my only concern around theft was really around enabling free Supercharging... since Tesla pays the electric bill, they (and they alone) get to decide who gets to use it ...

I haven't considered the Boost device as theft, unless it's a simple bit-flipper. Which we all know it isn't. If that's all it does - then I'm highly disappointed in the engineering behind this ... I don't think that's the case at all.
Accepted. And I can agree with that. The mention was mostly to say that it is possible to re-enable DCFC, presumably at no cost should Tesla disable your access by software update — The morality aspect is not for me to question. To each their own. :)

This too will change when the next iteration of superchargers are connected in more than just a rudimentary fashion.

Reactions: dmurphy
Several of those things they DO offer as an upgrade- specifically they're features already included in the LR cars (rear seat heaters and ambient lights for example).
Apologies, was speaking mainly of the door openers since my P3D came with those other features already active (heated rear and ambient)

Our MX has spoiled us with that (I’m aware the Model 3 opener doesn’t fully open the door, but that can’t be too far away with some hardware added)

Reactions: dmurphy
Our MX has spoiled us with that (I’m aware the Model 3 opener doesn’t fully open the door, but that can’t be too far away with some hardware added)

The "auto" door handles on the S have traditionally been the least reliable thing on the car- (and the falcon doors on the X) and that's with factory parts and engineering- I've got to imagine aftermarket versions would be a nightmare.... I was THRILLED when I saw the 3 wouldn't carry over that design mistake.

Seriously - I step on the brake in my 3 every.danged.time waiting for the door to close! Using the door handle seems so... ordinary. ;-)

Yeah, you guys are spoiled with that...until it doesn't work correctly anymore, or stops working at all. :)

I, too, am very glad they didn't add too many things like that to the 3, like automatic door handles and door openers and built-in espresso machines, etc... it's tied to murphy's law - the more automated junk that you have, the more there is to break or fail...

The Model 3 has a great balance that way. Very simple, improved but traditional body construction with advanced electrical, electronics and AI. Wherever you look under the overcoat, it's such a cleverly simple machine. Kind of like the Volkswagen was intended, in the 1930s, as the "folk's wagon". That may seem strange, at $50k or more, but look at the ICE car prices.

Either the M3 or the MY will be exhibited in museums for kids of later generations to come admire it as the best design for the early 21st Century. Like the Model T was for the early 20th Century. I'm not sure if it will be the 3 or the Y, but I suspect the latter, after all the dust settles and almost everybody is driving one.

The "auto" door handles on the S have traditionally been the least reliable thing on the car- (and the falcon doors on the X) and that's with factory parts and engineering- I've got to imagine aftermarket versions would be a nightmare.... I was THRILLED when I saw the 3 wouldn't carry over that design mistake.
Yeah, I wonder every so often why they haven't re-designed those handles to take advantage of things they've learned in the 3. Like, using a Hall effect sensor and a magnet instead of a physical switch. Those switches in the S handles appear to break wayyy to early in their life.

Yeah, I wonder every so often why they haven't re-designed those handles to take advantage of things they've learned in the 3. Like, using a Hall effect sensor and a magnet instead of a physical switch. Those switches in the S handles appear to break wayyy to early in their life.

They have made a lot of changes, including going to hall effect sensors from what I have seen.

Fine, be that way. Elon will never disable this mod I added. I win! :D

iu

Reactions: ElectricIAC