Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Remotely Software Limits Battery Years (and Multiple Owners) After a Warranty Swap Was Done (resolved)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad everyone (that I know of) was taken care of :)

I honestly wasn't intending for a media storm around my thread. @geordi was the second person in a few weeks to come to me about this issue, and I figured I might as well post about it. I know for sure that some Tesla brass follow me on alt accounts there (and even some on their normal ones), and have occasionally picked up on notes I make publicly.

I also have direct lines of communication to a few different higher ups at Tesla, including the man himself... (I posted a similar screenshot to the one below, when Musk hit 100M followers, on a Discord chat the other day and someone immediately pointed out that I have a message icon for Musk... and now that I think about it, I'm guessing not many do...)

1659009600320.png

... but I'm ... not 100% sure what the word I'm looking for is, but I basically will not use those particular avenues of communication for anything less than something pretty serious that is without question worth their time... which they all seem to recognize, and I'm sure this is probably why I still have the privilege of these channels being available at all.

While I'm sure an issue like the one brought up in this thread is a worthwhile one to pursue, it's not a "this is a problem for 250,000 vehicles/customers" kind of problem (which, yes, has been the magnitude of other such discussions).

So anyway, I wasn't really planning on this particular issue getting quite that much attention, but fortunately the end result appear to be positive. Hopefully shining a brighter light on the issue will help Tesla address this internally so that it's not an issue for others in the future and open up a path for however many others are out there in a similar boat.

Edit: WHY is that image attachement so HUGE!? lol

Last edited: