Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Removing Features...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's because you bought it from Tesla, I expect some time after the policy change? That's a different thing because it wasn't a direct owner-to-owner sale. Once Tesla comes into ownership (having paid the prior owner for it) they decided to strip that particular value from the vehicle (I don't know when that part of the policy change happened), so you didn't pay for that. However if you'd bought direct from the original owner (or some chain of owners that didn't include Tesla) you would have and would have free SCing.
Yes, it was purchased after the policy change. With that being said, only a few weeks after I purchased my X, all used Model X's and S's were sold with FUSC included (looks like it was only those vehicles that had the 4 year warranty included, which mine did). They make policies on the fly, so it can be very confusing at times. Either way, I understood the feature wasn't offered at the time of purchase.

If you trade in your iPhone and a new owner purchases it, Apple doesn't keep the Apps on the phone.

The new owner will have to add/purchase apps to the this refurbished phone.
iPhone apps are connected to your account. New iPhone or someone in your family, on your account gets an iPhone, they all have access to the apps/music/movies/news you buy or subscribe to, if part of your Family account.

Tesla options are connected to the car's VIN.

iPhone apps are connected to your account. New iPhone or someone in your family, on your account gets an iPhone, they all have access to the apps/music/movies/news you buy or subscribe to, if part of your Family account.

Tesla options are connected to the car's VIN.
I would prefer it to be linked to my account instead of VIN. It would be another incentive to stay brand loyal to Tesla and keep upgrading.
If not free, Maybe Tesla would charge inter-vehicle transfer fee of $500, for example, instead of charging full price of FSD when I buy a new Tesla. And make it only applicable to direct purchases from Tesla and not applicable to personal or indivisual or 3rd dealer sales of Tesla .