Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla repair service is IMPROVING

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla service is getting their sh-- together. I've had my my 'S' since 2017. I wacked an animal within it a week after I bought the car. Service/repair left quite a bit to be desired. It was almost a year long saga of disappointment.

I've had the car in for two minor items within the past several months. All was scheduled via the app with excellent communication and estimation of times. The first visit I was given a loan and the repair was ready almost to the minute. (I might be exaggerating a bit).

I'm sitting here now at the repair center. The tech spoke with me right at my appointment time. They determined the problem and within 5 minutes I had an estimated time of completion and Uber vouchers to go somewhere if I needed as it was about a 2 1/2 hours before completion.

All the time getting text updates on the progress. Good work Tesla!

I went in a week or so ago to have my FSD computer replaced and also had a pleasant experience with no issues (@ Watertown, MA).
I noted that the service center seemed much less frantic then when I was there a year earlier (April 2019) to pick up my winter wheels.

There weren't even any other customers in the waiting area this time. The previous year there were multiple people waiting including some fairtly irate customers arguing with the service techs.

Either they are doing a lot more via mobile service or the quality of the cars is getting better and requiring less service. Hopefully it's a combination of both.

I have definitely been nervous about the service centers getting overwhelmed, but now I'm a little less so.

(I will now move on to worrying about overcrowding at superchargers)

I went in just yesterday for a battery issue. Was told battery needed to be replaced. I was in and out of the service center in less than 20 minutes with a loaner until my car is ready (Palm Desert CA service center). I received an email later in the day confirming everything that I was told during my visit. Overall, I have been very happy with my service at Palm Desert(2 1/2 yrs owner).

It's great to see some good experiences. I'm rooting for Tesla to get their act together on the service and parts front, but having been burned before I'm not jumping into another one just yet. A handful of trees a forest does not make. Only time will tell whether those are the norm or anomalies - I still have 2 Teslas in the garage, so likely will be experiencing service from time to time.

It's great to see some good experiences. I'm rooting for Tesla to get their act together on the service and parts front, but having been burned before I'm not jumping into another one just yet. A handful of trees a forest does not make. Only time will tell whether those are the norm or anomalies - I still have 2 Teslas in the garage, so likely will be experiencing service from time to time.
So exactly how many trees does it actually take to make a forest? ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: Evoforce

throughout my past 3 years of experience with tesla service center between 2 Model S, i never look forward to the day where i am forced to bring my car in. even the most recent visit, they still messed something up. im not saying its always a bad experience but flipping a coin 50/50 is ridiculous

I went in just yesterday for a battery issue. Was told battery needed to be replaced. I was in and out of the service center in less than 20 minutes with a loaner until my car is ready (Palm Desert CA service center). I received an email later in the day confirming everything that I was told during my visit. Overall, I have been very happy with my service at Palm Desert(2 1/2 yrs owner).

I know there is a service centre in Cathedral City, Is there also a service centre in Palm Desert? That’s like 20 miles away.

Wake me up when they start acknowledging batterygate / chargegate.

Until then, color me unimpressed.

Being thankful for Uber vouchers doesn’t sound like things are progressing on the customer expectation side either.

Oh, but they have. Successfully drove expectations to zero. So now every visit “exceeds expectations”.

Now that I think about it my last service was the worst one.

Got the car back and it didn't drive straight.

Brought it back and took 4 days to fix.

No loaners.

I ran out of Uber credits, nobody called me to tell me it was done, and the service center does not answer their phone or voice mail.

I ended up using the chat on the website. After about 30 min the operator told me service was done the previous day.

Went to service center, they didn't even apologize. Just said nobody called because the service adviser is sick.

Personally I never had a good experience in the Bay Area.

I feel like if you get the car back and it's less broken than it was when you brought it that's a win.

So far that has not happened.

Last time I got it back it didn't even drive straight, which meant 4 more days in the shop.

LOL

ive had rear drive unit replacement, i know this requires them to drop the rear sub frame but they didnt do an alignment, car didnt drive straight. they took it back and did an alignment. like what?

another time, they replaced my steering wheel due to abnormal wear, the tech didnt put on my new steering wheel straight, had to hold the wheel at around 2o clock to drive straight.

this is all burlingame location. straight up wasting my time

LOL

ive had rear drive unit replacement, i know this requires them to drop the rear sub frame but they didnt do an alignment, car didnt drive straight. they took it back and did an alignment. like what?

another time, they replaced my steering wheel due to abnormal wear, the tech didnt put on my new steering wheel straight, had to hold the wheel at around 2o clock to drive straight.

this is all burlingame location. straight up wasting my time
So you’ve obviously been ‘holding it wrong’ all this time. ;)

I live outside of Austin Texas and fortunately have only had 2 service situations in 15 months. One was to replace a taillight that had condensation in it at the time I bought it (I didn't notice it) and the 2nd time to rotate the tires. Both times service was scheduled on my phone and there was good communication. Both activities were performed in my driveway in a short time. The tires were scheduled for a Tuesday and they contacted me on Saturday before and offered Sunday AM if I wanted, which I did.

• Informative
Reactions: JøhP
Agree. I just had my first SC experience here in Superior CO and it was great. They nailed all the issues on time, comms were great and everything was ready to roll when I turned up to grab the car.
For those in the Rocky Mountain Region this is HUGE news as our options were incredibly awful prior to this location. I really, really, REALLY hoped they would use this new location as a fresh start to get things right. I'm hopeful they continue improving and if hear enough good stories of this new Superior location I may actually go ahead and schedule the service my cars have needed that can't be done remotely for some time now. I've intentionally put it off due to how horrible the experience has been multiple times at both Evans & Littleton.