Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla repeatedly charging me for past charging sessions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has been repeatedly charging me for charging sessions that I've already paid for in the past.

To be specific:
  • About 2-3 weeks ago, I had 2 separate charging sessions costing $1.00 and $2.25, each, at a Tesla destination charger. These were charged to my CC and paid for.
  • Starting last week, I have been charged amounts of $1.00 or $2.25 repeatedly, almost every day (I've accrued at least 10-15 of these charges since last week already).
One week ago, I called customer service, uploaded screenshots of what I've seen, and yet, after a week, I am still continually getting new credit card charges from them.

While they are continuing to investigate, I can't allow this go on. With their acknowledgement, I canceled my credit card, and I soon received an email from Tesla telling me to add a payment method, since I have unpaid balances.

Lo and behold, I logged onto my account today, and saw that the $1.00 charge from 2 weeks ago is now reading as "UNPAID".

While being charged $0-20 every day fraudulently is annoying, I'm much more worried about not being able to supercharge if I don't put a valid CC on my account, which is a huge issue, since I live in an apartment.

Does anybody know how I can escalate this issue or get more visibility to get this issue fixed more urgently? I don't have a popular Twitter account, so I'm not sure if Elon will see it if I tweet at him.

Tesla has been repeatedly charging me for charging sessions that I've already paid for in the past.
To be specific:
  • About 2-3 weeks ago, I had 2 separate charging sessions costing $1.00 and $2.25, each, at a Tesla destination charger. These were charged to my CC and paid for.
  • Starting last week, I have been charged amounts of $1.00 or $2.25 repeatedly, almost every day (I've accrued at least 10-15 of these charges since last week already).
One week ago, I called customer service, uploaded screenshots of what I've seen, and yet, after a week, I am still continually getting new credit card charges from them.

While they are continuing to investigate, I can't allow this go on. With their acknowledgement, I canceled my credit card, and I soon received an email from Tesla telling me to add a payment method, since I have unpaid balances.

Lo and behold, I logged onto my account today, and saw that the $1.00 charge from 2 weeks ago is now reading as "UNPAID".

While being charged $0-20 every day fraudulently is annoying, I'm much more worried about not being able to supercharge if I don't put a valid CC on my account, which is a huge issue, since I live in an apartment.

Does anybody know how I can escalate this issue or get more visibility to get this issue fixed more urgently? I don't have a popular Twitter account, so I'm not sure if Elon will see it if I tweet at him.

You could try contacting your State's Attorney General.