Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla return policy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I cancel my order before delivery or return a vehicle in 7 days after delivery, will Tesla refund the transportation fee? I saw different answers at different places. Can anybody please confirm? Thanks.

According to the agreement in my order (I don't have the car yet), once the vehicle is physically delivered to you, the delivery fee isn't refundable. If you heard different things, it's possible that others have different delivery agreements.
Tesla has changed their delivery agreements many times over the years, so you'd just have read over yours to see. If you cancel before delivery, only the $100 deposit is lost.... and if it's canceled due to some craziness on Tesla's part, a firm call to a customer service person can sometimes get that refunded also... but it's less likely.

I put in my order on June 25.

If I cancel my order before delivery or return a vehicle in 7 days after delivery, will Tesla refund the transportation fee? I saw different answers at different places. Can anybody please confirm? Thanks.

Used Teslas don't qualify for the 7-day return period do they? And you don't pay a transportation fee for new cars.

I returned my Y the day after I took it home. All was refunded to me except the $100 order fee, which I’m being told is something they are trying to get back for me. I’m not holding my breath.

Can I ask when you ordered your MY? My understanding is same as yours. Only $100 is nonrefundable and all others shall be refunded. Otherwise, per the information on Tesla’s website, they would have committed a fraud.