Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Revenue Expected to Exceed Guidance by 20% in Fourth Quarter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Teslas luck, someone will get hurt only because they weren't wearing a seat belt and the beloved media will no doubt splash headlines about Tesla's first major injury without mentioning the fact that a seat belt was not worn. This will then force Tesla to go into defensive mode once again in order to present all the necessary facts.

Agree with this...or someone will have a heart attack while driving that kills them and the media will fudge it somehow into FUDabout lack of vehicle safety

Animal through the windshield is how moose kill people, It's a hundreds of pounds standing on thin legs.
Moose are far worse than deer or kangaroos because there is so much mass poised so high up.
3691270.jpg

moose2PIX.jpg

With Teslas luck, someone will get hurt only because they weren't wearing a seat belt and the beloved media will no doubt splash headlines about Tesla's first major injury without mentioning the fact that a seat belt was not worn. This will then force Tesla to go into defensive mode once again in order to present all the necessary facts.

And TM will overreact and roll out a 5 point harness seat belt.

Media reports "Are Tesla seatbelts too difficult to put on?"

HAHAHA! I can totally see this. And then it will be "Tesla faces potential recall on all their seatbelts" (Which would actually require them to pull in all the cars, killing the stock...) Even though it was nothing of the sort...

Disagree. Tesla will roll out a firmware that prevents you to put the car in "D" when any seat belt is not engaged for an occupied seat. Soon children will find out that they can stop mom's car mid-highway by unbuckling.

Disagree. Tesla will roll out a firmware that prevents you to put the car in "D" when any seat belt is not engaged for an occupied seat. Soon children will find out that they can stop mom's car mid-highway by unbuckling.

Little johnny becoming a troll at such a young age!

No, it would likely only affect the driver's seat and MAYBE the passenger's seat, but I actually really like this idea. Let Tesla force people to buckle up, instead of some stupid law mandating that people buckle up.

Let Tesla force people to buckle up, instead of some stupid law mandating that people buckle up.
I've been buckling up since I was sixteen. And I was sixteen before there were any seatbelt laws. I always thought the laws were kind of stupid as anyone who uses their head for more than just a hatrack buckled up.

I've been buckling up since I was sixteen. And I was sixteen before there were any seatbelt laws. I always thought the laws were kind of stupid as anyone who uses their head for more than just a hatrack buckled up.

My wife, who used to teach at an alternative high school has the following rule:
One boy, one brain.
Two boys, half a brain
Three boys, no brain.

(It also applies to drunk teenage girls, I believe).

If I recall correctly the test machine crashed whilst trying to crush the roof of Model S. If unlucky poor moose gets hit by Model S, chances are that Tesla will fare better than any other car in similar scenario.

Quite frankly, I think this is very dangerous thinking: We have seen the stuff going on when Lady Di's Mercedes collided with a massive concrete pillar at very high speed. Yes - the people who were buckled up in the car survived the crash but there were questions about the car's safety nonetheless.

Any car will kill its passengers if you only use high enough speeds and hard enough an obstacle. At some point, even if the inside space would still be perfectly in tact, deceleration forces just become too high.

Accidents are always very dangerous and I think no matter what car one drives - don't rely on the safety of the car. I know a piece of s*** driver who told me he needs a safer car since he caused a lot of accidents and needs to make sure he is protected as well as possible. Let's make sure that Tesla's don't become the vehicle of choice for reckless drivers "needing protection" but rather the vehicle of choice for responsible drivers who appreciate a smooth, economic and environmentally friendly ride :smile:

Quite frankly, I think this is very dangerous thinking: We have seen the stuff going on when Lady Di's Mercedes collided with a massive concrete pillar at very high speed. Yes - the people who were buckled up in the car survived the crash but there were questions about the car's safety nonetheless.

Any car will kill its passengers if you only use high enough speeds and hard enough an obstacle. At some point, even if the inside space would still be perfectly in tact, deceleration forces just become too high.

Accidents are always very dangerous and I think no matter what car one drives - don't rely on the safety of the car. I know a piece of s*** driver who told me he needs a safer car since he caused a lot of accidents and needs to make sure he is protected as well as possible. Let's make sure that Tesla's don't become the vehicle of choice for reckless drivers "needing protection" but rather the vehicle of choice for responsible drivers who appreciate a smooth, economic and environmentally friendly ride :smile:

I am reassured by the safety of the vehicle because of situations outside of my control. This is why safety is a great thing for everyone to focus on. I don't have to worry as much about someone killing/seriously injuring me if they hit me. At some point if you are the cause of accidents on that level you will be uninsurable, and at that point you will no longer be allowed to drive because you won't have insurance. I also think given the cost of the vehicle, you would have to be rich AND stupid to buy this just so you could intentionally run around hitting things. Not saying that doesn't happen, but that the pool of people like that is substantially smaller verses someone would would buy a POS car for 1000$ and not care one bit what happened to it.