Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Ring pic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a pic of my Tesla ring. Works great.
ring 1.jpg

so its works just like a key card you have to place the ring up to the door every time you want to enter the car?
==============
Yes, it works like a key card, except that you are very unlikely to leave your hand at home or lose it.
Just sorta touch your knuckle to the magic spot on the door or console to get in or drive.

I hate it when the car won't let me drive without touching the keycard to the console and the damn thing is in my pocket. Very hard to get it out of my pocket when sitting. Maybe I'm just too fat.
But the ring solves that problem very well. No need for a key card. Although I will carry it along too. At least until I forget it the next time ( again ). It's just really nice. Walk up to the car and sorta wave at the pillar and you're in. If it demands the key card to drive, just put your hand down there at the console and away you go. Presuming of course you wear it on the right hand. Left hand wearing would be a bit awkward at the console but the door would be fine.

@Arizona Willie,

Does it seem durable? I’ve seen competitors rings manufactured out of zirconia ceramic which on face value would seem more durable. This one is probably lighter weight due to the Koa.

Ski
--------------
Sorry for the delay in answering.
Yes so far it seems to be holding up just fine. I don't know what they seal it with but it seems to be good.
So far none of the gold paint has flaked off. Which surprises me.

I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: Skione65