Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Road Service -- Great Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the pins on my charging port sheared off last weekend, so I was unable to charge. I called Tesla service here in AZ, and they sent Doug over to my house within 90 minutes with replacement parts. All complete and charging within 4 hours of my call. No tow, no hassle, no delays.

The service center is 10 miles from my house, which helps, but still fantastic customer service. I hope they can keep this up as they grow.

One of the pins on my charging port sheared off last weekend, so I was unable to charge. I called Tesla service here in AZ, and they sent Doug over to my house within 90 minutes with replacement parts. All complete and charging within 4 hours of my call. No tow, no hassle, no delays.

The service center is 10 miles from my house, which helps, but still fantastic customer service. I hope they can keep this up as they grow.
If someone searches for charging port pin, if you are referring to the little plastic guide pin, twice I’ve found them in Superchargers which prevent the SC wand from seating and, therefore, no charging.

Once I was able to stick a needle into the end of the plastic bit and remove it. The other time too many people had jammed the wand in trying to make it work that I couldn’t fish out the little plastic bit.

Reactions: R1Bill

If someone searches for charging port pin, if you are referring to the little plastic guide pin, twice I’ve found them in Superchargers which prevent the SC wand from seating and, therefore, no charging.

Once I was able to stick a needle into the end of the plastic bit and remove it. The other time too many people had jammed the wand in trying to make it work that I couldn’t fish out the little plastic bit.

You're supposed to knock it really hard against the heel of your shoe. The broken bit will fall right out.

Great hearing the good news. Just curious...we're in Sun Lakes (about 10-15 miles south of the University Avenue SC) and can't ever seem to get Ranger Assistance, not that we need it much. I'm wondering if something has changed as far as mobile work is concerned. If you don't mind my asking, what part of Phoenix do you live in?

Great hearing the good news. Just curious...we're in Sun Lakes (about 10-15 miles south of the University Avenue SC) and can't ever seem to get Ranger Assistance, not that we need it much. I'm wondering if something has changed as far as mobile work is concerned. If you don't mind my asking, what part of Phoenix do you live in?

South of Baseline on South Mountain, not too far from the 10.

Here's a picture of my charging cable, which had the shorn-off piece stuck inside on the left: TeslaCable.jpg

Strange coincidence - I got a request from Tesla yesterday to schedule an appointment for a bulletin they have to fix these pins, I scheduled it for this afternoon at 4:30PM today, tech asked if he could come early, and he came by and replaced both of the pins in about a minute.

Definitely great service, it was my first experience with mobile repair. Their cars are really pretty too, white with a big red logo.

What have is an inexpensive telescoping tri-pod I got , for supporting shop lights. I am going to zip tie the Chademo adapter I got for my M3 to the top of it to relieve the weight bearing down on these charging pins when I need to quick charge. And then just cut the zip tie loose when finished charging. Going to look a little weird, but who wants to break one of those pins. Not me.