Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadside Assistance - appalling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loosely on topic, but pulling this bit out of the quote above:
A Roadside Professional will create a small opening between the door and vehicle frame in order to manually open your door within 50 miles of your vehicle’s location.

Has anyone ever experienced or read an account of anyone who has done this? Assuming ‘create an opening’ is a euphemism for crowbarring the door, this sounds more difficult/expensive to repair than breaking the window, which they could presumably replace then and there?

The wording on that one’s odd too. The professional will manually open the door within 50 miles of the vehicle? Wot? Where else would they do it from?
They do seem to imply the 'roadside professional' could be 49 miles away when they opened the door. That's impressive.

• Funny
Reactions: Casss and Mullermn
I remember the early 2000s VVTi petrols liked a drink of oil too, but I thought they looked after owners ok on that.
I had a 2001 S2000. They had fibre lined cylinders and did burn oil......~0.5 ltr per 1000 miles in my case. It was important to get back I to the habit of checking the dipstick every week. Many people didn't, the oil ran dry and the inevitable happened.

Last edited:
Was the literal oil burner a diesel?
No. Jus like the other two it was a 1 litre petrol. This is not a common "fault" at all for these cars. This is not exaggerating but if the average miles per year is 10-12k miles thats like 10-12 litres of oil. Anyone telling me this is normal is just not right unless they have an agenda. Needless to say that the then westover franchised dealership at those premisses is now a hendy toyota... That car cost us just over £9k (to the trade) in depreciation in those 4 years. The other two were actually sold for more than what I bought them for after 4-6 years.

I was unlucky with that car and its the worst hit financially I ever had and it just put a bitter end to my ice car era.

mazda rx 8 used to have the special branded pouch for 1 ltr bottle of oil :D

1672963820331.png

SOMETHING LIKE THIS

Reactions: Sean.
First, I just expect a human being from the service centre to talk to me and explain what options there are, and if there are none then to say so and perhaps even be a little apologetic.

What could they do? They could say drive it down, it’s only 3 miles and we will have the wheel off in a jiffy. Or, we have a mobile service guy in your area tomorrow, he can stop by and have the wheel off. Or, take it to kwik fit and have them invoice us.

Really this isn’t about service centre availability, it’s about not sending out the AA/RAC as every other manufacturer does. They’ve chosen to in-house it, and can’t do it adequately.
Elon has your money,
Elon no longer cares,
get used to it.

Came close to it once but went BMW, in part due to the attitude/manner of the ( customer facing )sales person.
I had the opposite problem locally, I was ready to sign on the dotted line for a X5 but the salesman couldn’t rouse himself to reply to an email (we’d already talked and I’d borrowed the car). Would have been my 3rd BMW and the other dealers were amazing, just my local one that’s poor. Local Land Rover dealer is incredible, the best place I’ve dealt with in 30 years of driving.

I had the opposite problem locally, I was ready to sign on the dotted line for a X5 but the salesman couldn’t rouse himself to reply to an email (we’d already talked and I’d borrowed the car). Would have been my 3rd BMW and the other dealers were amazing, just my local one that’s poor. Local Land Rover dealer is incredible, the best place I’ve dealt with in 30 years of driving.
You don't prisoners! 😀.

Loving the Mazda reminiscence thread.
Can we do one for the Triumph TR6 and maybe my old BMWK12rs?
Now then ......SWMBO says that I'm not to be sarky and that not every owner is still as dewy eyed about their Tesla as I am.
OK then...... and to be fair, we did love her MX5 back in the day.

Was the literal oil burner a diesel? I had an Avensis diesel (2006) from new, that was a dreadful engine. All motorway miles and serviced on the button but needed a bunch of warranty work at 3 years. It was a black and white smoker and I ditched it at 3.5 years and 60k miles for a BMW. Their diesels were awful.

I remember the early 2000s VVTi petrols liked a drink of oil too, but I thought they looked after owners ok on that.
I recently sold a 2005 Mk3 MR2 roadster with the 138BHP VVTi engine. I used it for 2 years for my 100-mile daily motorway commute, and it was superbly reliable however it really drank oil, at least a litre every 300- 500 miles which was apparently in spec according to Toyota. My M3 RWD has replaced it......

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Status
Not open for further replies.