Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadside Assistance - appalling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalks99 Said. on 29th October:
Amazing service from Tesla Birmingham.
Some little sh*t broke my rear light on Thursday night. Clearly a deliberate act as no other marks on the rear of the car…. Anyway, went on the app and booked an appointment to get it replaced and was offered Tuesday 1st November which I thought was very efficient. Lo and behold I receive a phone call like 20 mins after booking the appointment, “can we do it today for you?”
An hour later, a mobile technician turns up at my house and replaces said unit !
Awesome customer service !
Thank you Tesla Birmingham 🙏🏻

"In Brumm they giter done! "Nice post. However, he failed to spark a discussion on oil consumption and Mazdas, Land Rover and other off (in various degrees) topic comments. I guess bad news is more stimulating.

Last edited:
Some little sh*t broke my rear light on Thursday night. Clearly a deliberate act as no other marks on the rear of the car…. Anyway, went on the app and booked an appointment to get it replaced and was offered Tuesday 1st November which I thought was very efficient. Lo and behold I receive a phone call like 20 mins after booking the appointment, “can we do it today for you?”
An hour later, a mobile technician turns up at my house and replaces said unit !

"In Brumm they giter done! "Nice post. However, he failed to spark a discussion on oil consumption and Mazdas, Land Rover and other off (in various degrees) topic comments. I guess bad news is more stimulating.
It’s a postcode lottery 🤣 I could have had a next day appointment 30 miles up the road, versus two weeks locally, but didn’t want to chance it in case the problem wasn’t what I thought it was. Basically it’s all about how busy they are.

Reactions: Wattsisname

yeah.. sure..
I needed service and booked to fix rattles in september. nearest appointment available was - end of october. then mid of october moved to mid of december. Nottingham.

I’ve had nothing But excellent service from Tesla. Mobile service chaps came out within a couple of days. Quick diagnosis and temporary/partial fix followed by a repair as soon as parts were available.

Squeaky wishbones first followed by a noisy passenger door seal that only became noticeably noisy over 80 MPH, so I half expected to be told it was within spec.

Regular updates via the app and dialogue through the app when necessary.

The OP is a bit precious….

Reactions: Js1977
I’ve had nothing But excellent service from Tesla. Mobile service chaps came out within a couple of days. Quick diagnosis and temporary/partial fix followed by a repair as soon as parts were available.

Squeaky wishbones first followed by a noisy passenger door seal that only became noticeably noisy over 80 MPH, so I half expected to be told it was within spec.

Good to hear.

Reactions: 15Peter20

Good for you. I didn’t have good service and didn’t have dialogue through the app.

As you decided to start trading insults….You’re a little full of yourself and very judgemental, not to mention needlessly rude.

Never had to call out Tesla for assistance whilst I was in the warranty period or after.

Keep an AA (all vehicles) membership anyway just in case.

Tesla Service (mobile) have been great on the occasions I've used them; 12V battery replacement last year, and CCS Combo 2 service retrofit back in early 2020.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Heck, even mobile appointment is like a week away. And I am happy if mobile service arrives and fixes issue.

But what happened twice: you wait up to week to get mobile tech, then he tries to fix stuff and after couple of hrs you need to book service center anyway as he cannot fix issue... And then wait a month (or at least couple of weeks, unless emergency) for the date.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Groan...please (please) take this thread out the back and shoot it. It's going round in circles and the notifications from it are beginning to get boring - much like software updates....:rolleyes:
Ignore the notifications or unsubscribe from the thread. I quite enjoyed the discussions on NSXs, oil burning Toyotas etc. And the sight of the forum police, sorry vigilantes, on a high horse is always awe inspiring.

Sending this thread hurtling way off topic again....but.....isn't it the case that the Landcruiser Amazon is the proper 'full-fat' 'cruiser in the UK market?
It was, at one point they sold the LC Colorado and LC Amazon. They dropped the Amazon here some time ago - maybe early 2010s(?).

The four cylinder Landcruiser dropped the Colorado name and carried on, and is known as the Prado in other markets. It’s still a body on frame 4x4 and with that diesel it’s a little outgunned in the family/luxury SUV market. Still tough as old boots of course.

You can import the full size V8 one personally from Japan - £40-50k for a very recent one last time I looked, before additional costs. So whilst rare they are not impossible to see here - I see one every few months locally that’s a later model than the last official UK one.

Reactions: Sean. and Whyone
It was, at one point they sold the LC Colorado and LC Amazon. They dropped the Amazon here some time ago - maybe early 2010s(?).

The four cylinder Landcruiser dropped the Colorado name and carried on, and is known as the Prado in other markets. It’s still a body on frame 4x4 and with that diesel it’s a little outgunned in the family/luxury SUV market. Still tough as old boots of course.

You can import the full size V8 one personally from Japan - £40-50k for a very recent one last time I looked, before additional costs. So whilst rare they are not impossible to see here - I see one every few months locally that’s a later model than the last official UK one.
Prado's (and roughly equivalant Mitsu Pajero's) and 'cruisers generally, right back to the 70's originals...they're as common as muck in Oz and make much more sense there than they ever did here.

Status
Not open for further replies.