Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadside Assistance - appalling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a postcode lottery 🤣 I could have had a next day appointment 30 miles up the road, versus two weeks locally, but didn’t want to chance it in case the problem wasn’t what I thought it was. Basically it’s all about how busy they are.
If I understand you right you are complaining about Tesla and will never get another one again because to get a next day appointment you would have to go 30 miles up the road?
When I bought my Tesla in 2019 the nearest service centre (Edinburgh) was over 100 miles away and I accepted this. Even today the nearest Tesla service centre (Aberdeen) is the best part of 30 miles away. My wife has a little Abarth and the nearest Fiat/Abarth dealer is 30 miles away. In fact the nearest dealer for any manufacturer is 30miles away. Based on your criteria for wanting immediate attention perhaps we should not own any cars?
Some people just don’t appreciate how lucky they are.

Reactions: Wattsisname
If I understand you right you are complaining about Tesla and will never get another one again because to get a next day appointment you would have to go 30 miles up the road?
When I bought my Tesla in 2019 the nearest service centre (Edinburgh) was over 100 miles away and I accepted this. Even today the nearest Tesla service centre (Aberdeen) is the best part of 30 miles away. My wife has a little Abarth and the nearest Fiat/Abarth dealer is 30 miles away. In fact the nearest dealer for any manufacturer is 30miles away. Based on your criteria for wanting immediate attention perhaps we should not own any cars?
Some people just don’t appreciate how lucky they are.
No you haven’t understood what I’m unhappy about. It’s a long thread so I appreciate you might have misunderstood or not seen it.
1.roadside assistance (lack of)
2. Comms (lack of)

Reactions: Ratch and CWT3LR
Might as well add my thoughts - my X5 had an identical problem, called BMW roadside assistance, they were out within an hour, wheel off, stone out, job done. That’s roadside assistance.
I uppose there will always be good and bad experiences with all the big players. Not a single one has a 100% positive rate.

Its a well known fact that the internet is mostly filled with bad reviews since people are not compelled to come and say what a good service they've had but I should of reminded myself when I researched who offers their services. for example .

Might as well add my thoughts - my X5 had an identical problem, called BMW roadside assistance, they were out within an hour, wheel off, stone out, job done. That’s roadside assistance.
Yep! Very good; I have had similar "free"service with BMW cars and my motorbikes for a couple of years from new. The assistance is actually delivered by the various assistance firms. When it expired, I continued with the AA. So, lessons learned; don't just rely on Tesla, continue with traditional memberships as a backup.

I uppose there will always be good and bad experiences with all the big players. Not a single one has a 100% positive rate.

Its a well known fact that the internet is mostly filled with bad reviews since people are not compelled to come and say what a good service they've had but I should of reminded myself when I researched who offers their services. for example .
Not quite good and bad. BMW were good in that they covered the situation and had the availability to come out immediately. Tesla were terrible as they don’t even cover the situation under roadside assistance….and for all the other reasons I listed.

One company (BMW) cares about its customers, one (Tesla) doesn’t. One of those companies is going to attract more repeat business. Then multiply that across the industry with dozens of manufacturers caring about their customers…the one that doesn’t needs to improve or it’s only going one way.

Reactions: alset tone
Yep! Very good; I have had similar "free"service with BMW cars and my motorbikes for a couple of years from new. The assistance is actually delivered by the various assistance firms. When it expired, I continued with the AA. So, lessons learned; don't just rely on Tesla, continue with traditional memberships as a backup.
Completely agree.

AA are behind many of the ‘manufacture name brand’ roadside assistance schemes.

I also keep an “all vehicles” AA membership running for my cars and bikes. One stop shop. Well hopefully not 😅

Last edited:
One company (BMW) cares about its customers, one (Tesla) doesn’t. One of those companies is going to attract more repeat business. Then multiply that across the industry with dozens of manufacturers caring about their customers…the one that doesn’t needs to improve or it’s only going one way.
Really!

I appreciate @GeorgeSymonds has given you lot of freedom to digress and spout some of your strong views about other forum members and cars. But please stop abusing that freedom. This is a company who charges 75 pounds for an additional cupholder for the passenger seat and you think they ‘care’ about customers!.

Status
Not open for further replies.