Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadside Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Caught a nail a couple of weeks ago on the side wall so was unable to repair it using my tire repair kit. So had to call Tesla roadside service. This is what I have learned from that process:

1. Roadside service will replace your tire with Tesla factory tire (not a modern spare tire) but you have to pay for it. Also you need to let them know ahead of time that you want that option. Otherwise they may not bring a tire or have that option available when they come out to your car.

2. Depending on where you live, Tesla actually has tire mobile service which will come out to you and replace the tire with a factory tire. Once again, you have to pay for the tire. But they are pretty busy so they may not get to you for a couple of days.

3. Roadside service will tow your car to a Tesla service center, a tire shop of your choice, or wherever you want to go, all within a 50 mile radius. If the tire can be repaired, I suggest going to a tire shop. If not, go to a Tesla service center since they usually have the factory tire in stock, and the tire shop may not. It all depends on your preference of keeping factory tires or using other brands/models.

I also heard that they (tow truck company) will give you a loaner tire but that was not an option available to me. So don't know if that is true or not.

I went to the Tesla service center since I knew that my tire could not be plugged (repaired). I paid for the factory tire since my three other tires were still in good shape. The roadside service did not tell me about the first option of having the tow truck company replace my tire on the spot (I learned that after the fact). So I wasted a lot of time dealing with Tesla service center (including dropping the car off after hours, getting a ride back home, .... Basically a pain in the ass. Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
Caught a nail a couple of weeks ago on the side wall so was unable to repair it using my tire repair kit. So had to call Tesla roadside service. This is what I have learned from that process:

1. Roadside service will replace your tire with Tesla factory tire (not a modern spare tire) but you have to pay for it. Also you need to let them know ahead of time that you want that option. Otherwise they may not bring a tire or have that option available when they come out to your car.

2. Depending on where you live, Tesla actually has tire mobile service which will come out to you and replace the tire with a factory tire. Once again, you have to pay for the tire. But they are pretty busy so they may not get to you for a couple of days.

3. Roadside service will tow your car to a Tesla service center, a tire shop of your choice, or wherever you want to go, all within a 50 mile radius. If the tire can be repaired, I suggest going to a tire shop. If not, go to a Tesla service center since they usually have the factory tire in stock, and the tire shop may not. It all depends on your preference of keeping factory tires or using other brands/models.

I also heard that they (tow truck company) will give you a loaner tire but that was not an option available to me. So don't know if that is true or not.

I went to the Tesla service center since I knew that my tire could not be plugged (repaired). I paid for the factory tire since my three other tires were still in good shape. The roadside service did not tell me about the first option of having the tow truck company replace my tire on the spot (I learned that after the fact). So I wasted a lot of time dealing with Tesla service center (including dropping the car off after hours, getting a ride back home, .... Basically a pain in the ass. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. This sounds similar to what I went through a few days ago. I'm kicking myself because I had a Modern Spare tire but didn't have it with me at the time. I had to get a friend to drive it up to me an hour away from where I live. Called CAA and had some problems with them installing the Modern Spare but eventually got them to do it. But it was a stressful experience.