TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Roadside - Thank You!

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by NewbieT, Jul 19, 2020.

1. NewbieT

NewbieT Member

I locked myself out of the house today. House key in car. Phone + wallet in house. :oops:

Went to the neighbours, called Tesla Assistance. 10 mins later (on hold) car open, keys recovered. Thank you Tesla!

I know plenty of manufacturers can do it but it is a neat trick. 10 years ago that would have been a 2h drive to M&D or an airbag down the window frame :eek:.

• Like x 6
  2. Godsense

Godsense Member

For something else, but I found Roadside super helpful too. Just wish the hold time wasn't so long.

Sounds like it could have been much worse! How did they confirm ownership from a security point of view

• Like x 1
  3. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

Very helpful but.... it still makes me uncomfortable that someone somewhere has the power to essentially disable all the security in my car.
    Call me old fashioned...

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Saving the environment, one person at a time

I believe that it is possible to unlock the car from TeslaFi and a web browser which may be a useful get out f jail card.

• Like x 1
  5. totoro722

totoro722 Supporting Member

You can unlock the car with the Apple Watch app for Tesla also.

6. NewbieT

NewbieT Member

Security: VRN/VIN, Name, Address, Location, Car Name, Approx Mileage.

7. totoro722

totoro722 Supporting Member

8. EVMeister

EVMeister Lover of Tesla

Old fashioned! :D

• Funny x 1
  9. CMc1

CMc1 Member

Can also download the app on anyone’s phone temporarily and login to unlock or even remote start from partners phone if they have the app. Just need to remember their phone number!