Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster 2010 Power Limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so just sitting in the garage, turn the car on (needs to be unplugged to do this), turn on the cabin fan, crank the temp to the left (cold), push the A/C button. Does the blue LED turn on? Any sound from under the hood?

Might simply be a fuse...

Re-did the test again, this time without being plugged in. No change. Actually says 31.8bar (around 500 psi, I think). I can hear what sounds like fan or pump near the compressor. VDS shows 1.5-1.8A pump current. Anyone have an idea which fuse(s) to check? There’s none labeled for HVAC the components on the fuse panel. Is there an inline one?

The high pressure limit switch usually cuts out around 450 PSI, so the compressor wont turn on above that. Is that reading after the car sits and before the A/C is turn on? If so you probably have a bad pressure switch. It's impossibe to fill the system to 500 PSI. It could get near that pressure if you have a restriction or no air flow, but that would only be when the compressor is running.

• Informative
Reactions: hcsharp
I am having a similar problem with my 2010 Sport currently. With the AC turned on, my "Prefrigerant" pressure reads 31.8 bar, exactly what @EdMcConnell's Roadster is indicating. My compressor RPM is reading 0RPM.

Another interesting thing I noticed was that the Cooling "Requested" and "Received" both indicate 0%, but I have the AC button on, a blue light shining, and the blower turned all the way up. I've attached a photo of my diagnostics screen.

In addition to all of that, when I switch to "Debug" notifications, I get this error: "HVAC: Pressure Sensor Fail".

Is there a plug or connection I can check somewhere?

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 43