Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Battery Care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So let me extend this thread a bit, and discuss an "inverted" battery management scheme. I think this is OK, but want to check.

The normal / recommended charge mangement scheme is to plug the car in when you get home, and leave it there until you drive off to work in the morning. Repeat each night. Simple.

My employer, however, gives us 4hrs of free Level 2 charging each day, and my 50 mile round trip can be replenished in about 3hrs. So for me, it's ideal (most cost effective) to plug the car in when I get to work, move it to a non-EV parking slot after the charge is complete (to give access to others), and NOT plug it in at home each night or on weekends unless I need the extra charge for weekend activities.

So the car will spend most of its time sitting in the garage at home, unplugged, at about 60% SOC. This includes sitting for several days, across weekends and days when I take the ICE to work (e.g. bad weather).

Is this ok? The car is a 2010 2.0 (#834). I'm the car's second owner, but from what I understand, the ESS is original to the car, and has about 29k miles on it. A standard mode charge shows about 170 miles ideal range; CAC is 142 according to the logs.