TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Roadster CPO for sale soon in Syosset, Long Island, New York

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by TOBASH, Oct 26, 2014.

1. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

While my car was in for servicing, I saw a blue Roadster, single din radio implying 2010 or earlier. Aside from some polishing swirls in the paint, it seems pristine, but I did not drive it nor did I inspect it closely.

Blue exterior, black/brown interior.

I asked whose it was, and I was told it belongs to the dealership, and was just pulled from the floor to be made ready for sale as a CPO.

It is not yet for sale, but I'm told after complete tune it is to be sold.

Teslas dealership, Syosset, NY

(877)798-3752

Attached Files:

2. shrink

shrink Member

Looks like this had already been listed for $80K. I noticed the CPO page was updated a couple of weeks ago after seemingly 9-10 months of no activity:

Certified Pre-Owned | Tesla Motors

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes the photo the OP posted appears to be the same Roadster that has been on the company CPO Roadster page for almost two weeks I think. Nice car!

The CPO Roadsters seem to often take months to sell perhaps due to the higher list prices than what I see on the private market, but of course the CPO cars come with a 3 year warranty. Tesla seems to price that warranty at about $12,000 by my estimate.

4. NomoC8

NomoC8 Member

I bought mine as a CPO. If anyone is considering a purchase, best bet is contact Kevin Yu, director of CPO. His email is kyu at teslamotors dot com. He told me when I was looking that, "inventory there is pretty fluid". The inventory on the website seems to be rarely updated. There were about a dozen last summer that we discussed before I decided on one. Not sure how many are still out there. Can anyone confirm that they're selling CPO Model S?

5. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

In any event, I hope someone finds her to be the car he or she has been looking for.

Best,

T

6. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

i bought one on the open market because no cpo were available then. the first one i looked at was for sale by a cnbc contributor. i thought a public figure would perhaps be more reliable. when i researched the vin number digits, i realized that the car, advertised as a sport, was not one. so i caution people to research carefully. i did get one on the open market and its been great. mine still has time on the factory warrantee. although limited time, i can still purchase the extended warrantee.

7. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

#7 TOBASH, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

I spent 13.5k for battery and auto warranty. Essentially created my own CPO [EDIT Meant CPO but spell checker wrote IPA - now corrected]. Worth every penny

Best,

T

8. shrink

shrink Member

Wow. That was quick. That blue Roadster is no longer listed on the CPO website. Someone must have put a deposit down. Hopefully the deal closes and we can welcome and congratulate a new Roadster owner!

9. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

That's great!

Hopefully went to a good home.

I hope it went to a TMC member or lurker.

Best,

T