Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Dreamer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have $105,000 off on the 2020 Roadster. I am looking to sell my percentage for $80,000 allowing the person who buys it to save 10% on the car! Let me know if you have interest Max as I have a couple people I will message that I have heard currently have interest.

I just want to give my usual warning -- Tesla will likely send you a 1099-misc on the $105,000 of value you won, so you'll have to pay federal and state income taxes on that. Just figure that into your calculations.

Just a quick update on my progress on saving for my roadster. I've had some major changes in the last few months. I stopped saving for my roadster :-(. Instead I quit my job so I can concentrate on my business full time. Unfortunately my business doesn't cover all my expenses so my savings for the roadster will be used to cover the health insurance.

Hopefully I'll be able to grow my business enough to offset the loss for my job and I could save for the roadster a lot faster.

7/2019
My savings is at 9.5 of 40. Which is 24% of my goal. But this will dwindle slowly as I use it to cover health insurance.
The estimated remaining years is 4.2.

Current goals I'm working on:
Just work on finishing by latest project
Get the kids to do homework during summer. We've been really slacking in this area.

My Current Progress:

11/2018
My savings is at 6.5 of 40. Which is 16% of my goal.
The estimated remaining years is 4.7 so I really needs to grow my business in the future to shorten that time frame.

1: Making sure that my family thrives and kids have the best education possible, this is always ongoing :)
2: Expanding my business to another state

Reactions: PaulusdB
My savings is at 9.5 of 40. Which is exactly the same as my last update. Fortunately I've been able to scrunch up money here and there to pay for health insurance and I didn't need to dip into my roadster savings :).

On my business side, I finished my new product and need to start marketing it. I don't like having to do marketing but it's a necessary step :).
On the family side, the kids are back in school. They have enough activities lined up to keep them busy but I'm slacking on the consistency of them doing home work.

7/2019
My savings is at 9.5 of 40. Which is 24% of my goal. But this will dwindle slowly as I use it to cover health insurance.
The estimated remaining years is 4.2.

Just work on finishing by latest project
Get the kids to do homework during summer. We've been really slacking in this area.

Reactions: mcbarnet007
My savings is at 9.5 of 40. Which is exactly the same as my last update. Fortunately I've been able to scrunch up money here and there to pay for health insurance and I didn't need to dip into my roadster savings :).

On my business side, I finished my new product and need to start marketing it. I don't like having to do marketing but it's a necessary step :).
On the family side, the kids are back in school. They have enough activities lined up to keep them busy but I'm slacking on the consistency of them doing home work.
It’s like you’re me living in a mirrored universe.
I too have had a slight setback where saving the money hasn’t been going as quickly as originally planned, another baby on the way and another college fund is now siphoning off the extra that was going into the Roadster fund.

However I remain hopeful that by the time the car is out I’ll have the entire 220k.

It’s like you’re me living in a mirrored universe.
I too have had a slight setback where saving the money hasn’t been going as quickly as originally planned, another baby on the way and another college fund is now siphoning off the extra that was going into the Roadster fund.

However I remain hopeful that by the time the car is out I’ll have the entire 220k.

Well congratulations and I'm sorry :)

After my second kid, I learned my lesson and I got I snipped. One of the smartest decision ever made. Now that I'm older and have a little bit of wisdom we really didn't have a good reason to have kids. We just had them without thinking about it and we thought the "norm" was to have two kids.

Now, I encourage everyone I talk to not to have kids especially my own kids. We are at a point where quality of life matters more than quantity. This world does not need anymore kids.

Of course once you have one then you better be the best parent you can be; the thought of not having a kid is not an option anymore.

It's been a while since my last update mainly because I haven't been contributing to my roadster.

My savings is at 10.2 of 40. My savings is in the brokerage account so my Tesla stock is up when I first bought them. Right before the Corona virus hit, my savings was at 17/40 so when this is all over I'm hoping it will go up again.

The on bad side, my business isn't going anywhere. I've spend several months marketing and I haven't had one single sale. Even worse no one even wanted to try out my website for free :-(. So I'm a little discouraged from trying to grow my business. What I might have to do is maybe start posting on here a weekly progress on my marketing and get back on the horse.

The schools are closed so we have our kids at home. We are putting both putting effort into homeschooling our kids. The people that say that teachers have an easy are dump ignorant idiots. Being a teacher is hard and we only have to teach 2 kids. I would lose my mind if I had to teach 30 kids.

On the good side, we bought a red M3 SR+ and after more than 4 months of waiting, it's finally here :).

• Love
Reactions: AMPd
hmHcXwa

My status update:
5d4377868f264f221ab65f5706e2bb57.jpg

"I saved $377k. I can now sit back, relax and not work so hard. I'm ready to buy the Tesla Roadster 2020 right now."

Well, that is what I have would have said if I had bought Tesla stocks while saving up for the roadster. Instead I bought into S&P 500 Index thinking I could get a little dividends.

From my estimate I could have bought around 200 tsla shares @ $300 which would have been worth $377k now. What a mistake that was.

Instead, I'm 19 of 40 blocks which is super close to half way. The only reason why my savings is increasing is because my small number of tsla stocks are up.

I know, 1st world problems are nice to have ;).

Interesting to do it in blocks like that. I have a 42% discount on the Roadster from referrals and hope that I can save the balance by the time they come out......... Not sure it will happen but one never knows!

Thanks. When I first started saving for the roadster it looked like I would never be able to accomplish it. So rather than looking at the big mountain to climb, I just have to worry about the next ledge.

btw, good luck on your mission. I hope you can save up for it. 42% discount on a roadster is an awesome deal.

Reactions: bart513