Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Dreamer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

This is my post on my progress for saving my for Tesla Roadster. Ever since I was a teenager I've always wanted Lamborghini Diablo Roadster. Now that I'm an adult I started saving for one but when Tesla announced the 2020 Roadster I've had a change of heart. Now I'm going to buy the Tesla Roadster instead of the Lambo. Mainly because I'm a treehugger I don't think I would have enjoyed driving around in ICE supercar. :).

My goal with this post is to encourage other dreamers to act instead of just dreaming and have this be an outlet for my frustrations with setbacks. The way I'm tracking my progress is by breaking up the $200k into $5k increments which is 40 units.

My Current Progress:

11/2018
My savings is at 6.5 of 40. Which is 16% of my goal.
The estimated remaining years is 4.7 so I really needs to grow my business in the future to shorten that time frame.

Current goals I'm working on:
1: Making sure that my family thrives and kids have the best education possible, this is always ongoing :)
2: Expanding my business to another state

Hi Everyone,

This is my post on my progress for saving my for Tesla Roadster. Ever since I was a teenager I've always wanted Lamborghini Diablo Roadster. Now that I'm an adult I started saving for one but when Tesla announced the 2020 Roadster I've had a change of heart. Now I'm going to buy the Tesla Roadster instead of the Lambo. Mainly because I'm a treehugger I don't think I would have enjoyed driving around in ICE supercar. :).

My goal with this post is to encourage other dreamers to act instead of just dreaming and have this be an outlet for my frustrations with setbacks. The way I'm tracking my progress is by breaking up the $200k into $5k increments which is 40 units.

My Current Progress:

11/2018
The estimated remaining years is 4.7 so I really needs to grow my business in the future to shorten that time frame.

1: Making sure that my family thrives and kids have the best education possible, this is always ongoing :)

What a great post. I have been struggling between getting the P100D or the new Roadster, one obviously being more practical than the other and less expensive (but those 1/4 mile time though). I guess the one thing I have going for me is I have no kids or wife/ x-wife sucking the fruits of my labour out of my wallet.

I suppose if I saved 50% of the cost and financed the rest (while trading in my P85D) it would be doable.

Option "C" is to buy one slightly used a few years after the release. Although half the fun is going to be crushing any supercar that in your path. My guess is that after the videos start hitting YouTube you won't be able to get them to look in your direction.

Hi Everyone,

My Current Progress:

11/2018

You could take a look into the Tesla referral system. Even sales of Model 3 can get you referral points, nowadays. After the initial threshold, each referral is one of your 'units', just about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1375mlm
I just wanted to make quick update.

4/2019
My savings is at 9.1 of 40. Which is 22.8% of my goal. 6% increase :)
The estimated remaining years is 4.3.

The goal to grow my business hit a snag. Instead of trying to grow my business I spent all my time to save it instead. The place I get my content made some massive changes on their end because of that they didn't want to provide the content anymore. Luckily that's almost over.

11/2018

Reactions: byeLT4 and ICUDoc
Been saving for a new car for over 24 years.

In the process, was able to retire early.

Bought a used MS last year, but wife does not like to drive it and wants to replace her also last century car with BMW.

I am thinking R2 when the CPO warranty runs out 2022 would be a good BMW preventer.

Checked my portfolio, I spend so little in retirement that I can spend the 200k and not have to eat cat food.

What should I do?

Been saving for a new car for over 24 years.

In the process, was able to retire early.

Bought a used MS last year, but wife does not like to drive it and wants to replace her also last century car with BMW.

I am thinking R2 when the CPO warranty runs out 2022 would be a good BMW preventer.

Checked my portfolio, I spend so little in retirement that I can spend the 200k and not have to eat cat food.

What should I do?
My wife is the opposite, she doesn’t want to drive anything but the model s

But she also won’t let me purchase a Roadster unless the monthly payments are covered by our investment dividends.

I have $105,000 of on the 2020 Roadster. I am looking to sell my percentage for $80,000 allowing the person who buys it to save 10% on the car! Let me know if you have interest Max as I have a couple people I will message that I have heard currently have interest.