Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster emblem on rear hatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased a couple Abstract Ocean Tesla Roadster emblems and decided to try a couple positions on the rear hatch. Yes I could have saved a few bucks and done this in photoshop but that wouldn't have been as much fun now would it have been? Posting this here in case anyone else wants to perform this "mod' and gauge placement.

Pic 1/2 - No emblem

Pic 3/4 - Emblem mid trunk. This was my first set. I don't think it's bad and it definitely has more of a spaceship/futuristic type vibe to me.

Pic 5/6 - Emblem lower on trunk. This was my preferred placement originally and currently what I am going to keep. I feel like this looks more factory.

And yes car is wrapped in Xpel Stealth.

IMG-1479.jpg
IMG-1478.jpg
IMG-1477.jpg
IMG-1476.jpg
IMG-1481.jpg
IMG-1480.jpg

Reactions: ArtK
I am curious...are you actually applying and then re-positioning with no damage to the Xpel? Also, exactly how do you remove the factory emblem without damaging the Xpel?

By the way, it looks really good in all 3 variations, although I prefer the letters TESLA in the mid-position.

I am curious...are you actually applying and then re-positioning with no damage to the Xpel? Also, exactly how do you remove the factory emblem without damaging the Xpel?

By the way, it looks really good in all 3 variations, although I prefer the letters TESLA in the mid-position.

Original "T" emblem was removed to do the Xpel Stealth wrap. I received the car back with the Tesla emblem in the middle (as I directed the installer to do). They applied it on top of the Xpel. After having it that way for a few days I personally felt it was a little too high for my liking. Maybe I was use to my Model S, who knows. I purchased a backup Tesla emblem so I removed the ones in the middle (tossed them in the garbage) and was left with a bare trunk (pics 1/2). I then applied to the new Tesla emblem lower (pics 5/6). It currently and will likely remain this way until it either falls off (don't think it will as it's on there pretty good, but they are small), or I re-wrap the car in another color using vinyl.