Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster for sale in Norway :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cobos

Model S owner since 2013
Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2007
Oslo, Norway
It seems one of Norways few speciality importers of sportscars has signed some kind of deal with Tesla as they are now officially taking orders for the European Signature 250 models.
Take a look at their listing on Norways biggest classified system:
FINN bil - Norges største bilmarked. Søk etter biler, motorsykler eller bildeler.

Nothing big or new here of course, just a first sign things are moving along :)

Cobos

Wait a second, do I see a future spec leak? From that norvegian site:
Motor: 3-phase, 4-pole electric motor, 300+ bhp peak (225+kW), redline 13,000 rpm, regenerative "engine braking" Transmission: Single speed
Current official specs are still:
3-phase, 4-pole electric motor, 248hp peak (185kW), redline 13,000 rpm, regenerative "engine braking"
So, max power in single speed version is going up by 20+%. Good, good :)

Edit: Well, it's not a leak but as advertised in http://www.ferdinand-motor.no/images/tesla/EuroSpec.pdf

Last edited:
Awesome!

So I guess these are the numbers for the new drivetrain. The extra power that allows the same level of acceleration but at a higher gear ratio. I wonder how complete that is. Have the fully worked out their solution for extra motor cooling that's required?

Anyhow, I do think this is the first time we've seen some actual numbers. :)

Last edited:
Signature only options

SIGNATURE EDITION TESLA ROADSTER PRICE ¤99,000
DELIVERY SPRING 2009 – INCLUDES ALL FACTORY-INSTALLED OPTIONS AND:
• Interior/exterior colors available only for Signature Edition cars
• “Signature Edition” exterior badging
• Numbered Interior plaque
• Choice of hard tops: clear-coat carbon fibre or painted carbon fibre
• Limited edition wheel options
• Premium audio package (satellite radio and navigation, 7 speaker system – includes subwoofer)
• Mobile connector
• Bluetooth mobile phone integration
Did the US Signature 100 have these same options. I'm thinking particularly about the clear coat carbon fiber hard top and the limited edition wheel options.

Whilst we're on the subject of options, did anyone notice that the premium audio package went from $800 for the 2008 car to $2000 for the 09 model, the mobile charging system went from $500 to $1200, the home charging system dropped out of the price of the car and is now an add on for $1500/$2000 depending on the amperage.

I guess the person who picked $125k for the 09 model deserves a prize.

Did the US Signature 100 have these same options. I'm thinking particularly about the clear coat carbon fiber hard top and the limited edition wheel options.

I can't recall they did, but it seems like a pretty logical step to make these less exclusive signature editions more interesting. Half the point in these first versions is the exclusivity as well as getting the car early I suppose.

Cobos

Whilst we're on the subject of options, did anyone notice that the premium audio package went from $800 for the 2008 car to $2000 for the 09 model, the mobile charging system went from $500 to $1200, the home charging system dropped out of the price of the car and is now an add on for $1500/$2000 depending on the amperage.

Which of course makes the European Signature model a lot better deal than it originally looked. I'm a bit curious how the price will end up though in a few years when there will be less demand and a lot more supply? Will we see the "normal" 2010 model of the European Roadster at 90 000 Euro or still around 100k ? It's pretty obvious Tesla wants to get as much money off the buzz the Roadster has generated now in the early years, either to pay back the investors or pay for the Whitestar expansion. Or a bit of both I suppose.

Cobos

Actually the premium audio package is a $400 decrease. The $2000 package covers three separate 2008 items. Satellite radio ($400), navigation ($1200) and 7 speaker system ($800) for a total of $2400.