TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Roadster IN Norway

Discussion in 'News' started by Cobos, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

The Roadster made a PR appearance in a Norwegian climate conference today, and this article says it's PR tour should continue to Oslo THIS weekend. But that is a also the only reference I've seen on that :(
    The conference has a website in english.
    Anyone know anything about this PR tour ? It really shouldn't be that hard to get to know about a PR tour right :)

Cobos

2. Cobos

It seems it was only a low-key VIP tour, where prospective buyers and people at the climate conference got to try out the car.
    I know because of one of the friendly people at Ferdinand Motors (the Norwegian importer) sent me a private message on this board and told me about the time and place here in Oslo. Which was smack in the middle of town right next to the parliament.

I DID get a ride in the Roadster!! I was actually offered to drive it myself but considering I've got hardly any experience driving a fast car or a sports car and the pricetag I chickened out. I've got some pictures and more to tell but I really need to finish my work first, so I'll tell more about it later...

BTW: It really is a tiny car, and it looks really, really nice seeing it "in the flesh".

Cobos

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Awesome!

Would you have thought a year ago that they would bring a Roadster all the way to you in Norway?!

4. Gunnar

Gunnar Member

Nice to meet you today Cobos, I hope you enjoyed the Tesla as much as we did! :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cobos

Well they didn't exactly bring it to me, but I never guessed I would be able to sit in a Roadster in Norway. Driving down the main street of Oslo in a Tesla was really nice. As to my impressions as a passenger. I loved the silence of the ride, and I'm not sure about which versions of the seats this is, but for my 10min ride they were pretty comfy. I'm not a very large person (5'11''), but I've got a decently broad shoulders and the guy from Tesla driving was a bit taller and as wide as me, and it was a pretty tight squeeze. It did work pretty well as soon as we were inside the car, or I might have forgotten about it due to me enjoying the ride :)

The big problem of course with the Roadster is the huge amount of obstacles (or "cars and pedestrians") blocking your path as you drive. We did get one spot where I could feel a bit of the acceleration reserves the car got, but we where still in a 35mph zone with pedestrians. And the acceleration and the feel of the ride on my side was it was a very smooth ride. I'm pretty sure you can get a decent use out of this car as a commuter car, but you'll wish for all the other cars to get out of the way. :)

I'll see if I can upload some pictures to my journal.

Cobos

6. Cobos

Gunnar also added lots of pictures and an article in Norwegian on his site from the visit.
    Go take a look at Ferdinand Motor.

Cobos