Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Meet/Drive Saturday, 6/18 (SF bay area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If any Roadster owners are interested in meeting/driving this coming Saturday, there will be about a dozen of us meeting:

9am - 9:30am - Fremont Tesla factory (next to the Superchargers) and driving over to meet Peninsula people at

10am - Tesla HQ - 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto

10:30 - noon - Casual drive on great roads to lunch in Los Gatos

If interested, please PM me and I will send you further details.

Harry

It looks like we'll have about 14 Roadsters or so, with 1/2 meeting in Fremont and 1/2 in Palo Alto. If you're planning on joining for lunch and haven't told me, please do so immediately, for an accurate count.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

It was great !

roadsterz2.png

roadsterz1.png

• Love
Reactions: DeedWest
drive1s.jpg
drive2s.jpg
drive3s.jpg
drive4s.jpg
drive5s.jpg
drive6s.jpg
Thanks Harry (Very orange roadster) for organizing everything and TEG for leading the group (lightning green). At first we all tried to keep up but after a nearly missed collision (my bad) and a spin-out people slowed down and our group got spread out. The route started from Tesla HQ up Page mill road to Skyline and then down HWY 9 to some backroads down to Los Gatos Vasona Lake Park. Enjoy the pics!

The weather was perfect for us. The day before had been overcast and even had a hint of rain, so we lucked out with the drive weather.

Also, the route planning was partly done just with Google maps aerial photos, and the surprising group of picturesque available parking spots in the map turned out to be true when we got there.
(I had been secretly crossing my fingers the whole drive hoping that the spaces would be clear.)
parking1.png

In the busy SF bay area it is a bit rare to find a good set of empty spaces in a nice location like that.

One thing I am learning from these drives is that there isn't really a "one size fits all" pace. We had a group of 5 roadsters in front wanting to push the limits of their cars, and a slower group in the rear that felt a bit left behind at times. In hindsight I wish we had spent more time at the beginning discussing upcoming "split up" and "wait for stragglers" strategies. Also, with that many cars, there isn't always a good stopping place to get everyone back together again. A more thorough route plan could include some part way points where we would stop and regroup before continuing on. Still, in the end, it all worked out well in terms of getting the cars together at the photo spot, and making it over to the great lunch place after the drive.

In case anyone is wondering, no, I still don't own a Roadster... It was courtesy of Spiderguy's fantastic generosity that I manged to be part of another one of these fun events.