Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster on SpeedTV's "My Ride Rules!" - Wednesday nights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you count the individual rollers in each bearing, well.....

At the S EVent I was taking to the gearbox guy and he confirmed about 17 for motor and box. Then he pointed at the big picture of the roller bearing and said unless you want to count these... The point is though you would also have to count them in an IC engine and either way the electric is far ahead.

Oh and my compliments to Ian. Nice job representin'. My delivery is more snarky (big surprise) so it would not have played as well as the great work you did bringing the smack talking they wanted from you.
Tow points of note. You talking about "your boys" doing the interior work. (what are you a Mafia Dr?)
and two, That shot of you across the top of your car. Worst Tesla pose EVER!

Again though, great work Ian. You made us proud. :)

Did all the contestants live next to each other? :wink:

imagesCANVWDAO.jpg

Don't let him do this on your Roadster

Oh and my compliments to Ian. Nice job representin'. My delivery is more snarky (big surprise) so it would not have played as well as the great work you did bringing the smack talking they wanted from you.
I've been practicing my delivery next to you, Randy & DrComputer, once a month for over 2 years now! That was the easy part!
You talking about "your boys" doing the interior work
Al & Ed's of course, but I wasn't allowed to do any promo. I wasn't even allowed to wear a Tesla hat! Go figure!
That shot of you across the top of your car. Worst Tesla pose EVER!
R U kidding me... that's what all the youngin's are doing these days! Gots to keep it fresh!
Did all the contestants live next to each other? :wink:
I can't remember if I told you 'bout that or if your VFX abilities picked that up?
The logistics of shooting AM at one house and PM at another house made driving 60 miles to the next house prohibitive so I asked my neighbor to "borrow" their driveway!

Sorry, PopSmith, for not seeing that question...
& VFX... I have a sound effect for you, but the moderators will end up censoring it!

It's quite alright. I'm glad to know that it's real and wasn't an effect added by the editors of the show. :biggrin: I found (and still find) it hilarious that you've got a sound generator on your Roadster (in a good way, of course).

I found (and still find) it hilarious that you've got a sound generator on your Roadster (in a good way, of course).
I come from the performance side of the Tesla equation having owned other performance cars before so I have plenty of buddies who still have those dinosaur-juice gulping ICE-mobiles. While each is (obviously) impressed with the performance, too often I'd hear, "ya, but I like the sound that the engine makes!" I put that to "my boyz" at http://www.AE54.com when they were pimping out my 2nd Tesla (go here for the reason it was my 2nd Tesla: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...Hugs-Roadster-Owner/page2?highlight=tree+hugs). They came up with http://www.HornTones.com and now I have plenty of car engine sounds & then expanded my "library" to all sorts of sounds that can irritate people. Disruptive technology, these EVs, and I like to disrupt!

Hahahaha CONGRATS on the win! Just saw the episode, as soon as I saw your Tesla I KNEW it had to win. No competition.

On a side note: Do you know the name of that "professional model with 5 kids"? As soon as they said that I called BS... But I might as well do some research to find out if she actually does have 5 kids. Being a pro model she shouldn't be that difficult to google.